Chapter 6: Chased

A week later

"So where is it that you're taking me?" Quinn leaned forward and flicked Ryan's ear.

"It's called the Eastern Forest."

"Easssstterrnnn." River said in a creepy voice.

"And the reason would be? You know better than to take me to a place that's scary."

"We remember the haunted house we went to. Remember, Riv?"

River laughed. "Yeah, we literally had to carry Quinn out."

"Wyatt...." Ryan turned around in his seat to explain to Wyatt. "Quinn doesn't do scary. She freezes. Like freezes."

Quinn flipped Ryan off and then held it up for River to see in the rear view mirror. "In my defense, I can do scary movies."

"Hands covering your eyes doesn't count." Wyatt teased and was rewarded by a poke to the side.

"Hey! I figured we were on the same side being gingers and all."

Wyatt laughed and leaned away from her finger. "Sorry."

"Anyway...." Ryan turned around in his seat again. "....there's a few places we want to investigate at this location. There's the ruins of a mansion that are there and supposedly around the back of the old place there are caves."

"Caves?! As in like bats and possible skinwalkers?" River spoke up.

"No.....well....bats, maybe but no skinwalkers. Rumors are that animals have been sacrificed there by possible cults in the past."

"Wait.....nope. No." Quinn shook her head. "You waited until I got in the car and on the road to tell me this."

A sly smile slid over Ryan's face. "Yeeeaahhh."

"I hate you." She folded her arms across her chest and glared at him.

"No, you don't." Ryan blew a kiss at her before continuing. "It's going to be cool. You've got three strong boys to protect you."

Quinn snorted. "Are they meeting us there?"

River and Wyatt laughed as Ryan pretended to be hurt.

"Okay okay." He picked up the camera and turned it on. "I'm going to film the intro since we're almost there." Turning it around to face him, he started. "What's up, ghost gang?!"

***

River parked along the street and Quinn looked around. "We're here? It's a neighborhood."

"Yeah, we've got to go through those gates up there. It's a little bit of a hike but then it opens up." Ryan pointed to the right through the trees. "Let's grab our packs. We can do the intro further up the path as the sun goes down."

The group climbed out of the car and walked around to the trunk. Ryan handed Wyatt his backpack and shouldered his own. Quinn grabbed the backpack cooler with waters and followed the boys up the sidewalk. She watched as Ryan handed Wyatt his backpack and climbed the fence, dropping to the other side.

"You know they don't serve Taco Bell in jail, Riv." She said as she looked around for anyone watching.

"We're not going to jail." Ryan said as he grabbed the backpacks and then helped Wyatt as he jumped over.

She sighed as she climbed the fence and dropped to the other side. "I've still got it." She smirked and looked around as she grabbed her pack. "This takes me back to doing this when we were younger."