ꜱᴏʀᴛɪɴɢ

NOTE: Hey guys!

ONE MORE BECAUSE I WAS INSPIRED.

How are you guys doing? I'm feeling so inspired these days that I'm already posting another chapter haha.

I feel like we are getting somewhere different with Jamie, so I'm quite pleased by how this chapter turned out :)

Enjoy~~

━━━━━━━✦━━━━━━━

The days following the revelations about the current situation of the Order were terrible. Mia was confined to her room because, apparently, seeing Sirius was worse than being locked up. Regulus would occasionally check on her, but after Sirius's ill-timed comment, he refused to stay in the house longer than necessary.

Jamie's condition worsened greatly with Harry's presence in the house. The nights brought more nightmares, his nerves were in a worse state, and his patience grew even shorter. Jamie was uncertain about what was happening, but at this point, he was certain it wasn't normal.

Whatever had happened in that graveyard, it had fucked him up for good.

The boy experienced tension pains throughout his body, feeling overwhelmed most of the time, and was desperate need of someone to talk about it. He didn't understand what was happening, but he hoped someone could help him make some sense out of it. Initially, Jamie intended to speak with Archie but soon realized that the boy had his own things to deal at the moment.

Normally, Jamie would be there for him, but at present, he was struggling too much to cope with his own emotions to be able to help someone.

Although it didn't make him feel any less of a bad friend, Jay chose to keep the situation private. He didn't want to burden Archie with yet another problem when he already had enough things to worry about.

Which brought him to the only person he had in that house besides Archie.

Mia.

Jamie stopped in front of the girl's door and knocked a few times, getting no response.

"Mia, please," he asked, his voice sounding unnaturally hopeless. "I need to talk to you."

Still no answer.

"You can be mad at me for as long as you need, but right now..." Jamie pleaded. "Right now, I really need to talk to you."

"Please, you are the only person I cannot stand being mad at me right now."

Instantly, the door opened, and the girl's face appeared in the doorway. She was in her pyjamas, her hair loose and messy, and her face looking the most exhausted he had ever seen.

Jamie stared at the girl, his heart skipping another beat as he continued to observe her.

"That bad, huh?" she said gently, making room for him. "Come in."

Jamie stepped into the room, and Mia closed the door behind him. As soon as the door shut, the boy's first instinct was to grab the girl into a tight hug.

Mia stood still for a moment, taken aback by the boy's reaction. Jamie didn't say anything, and all she could feel was his heart beating fastly in his chest. He held her tightly, yet gently, and tucked his head on the crook of her neck.

Pressed up against him, Mia felt the heat of his body and his strong grip. The way that he held her so perfectly still made her second guess if she really desired him to leave. She wanted to step back and ask what was wrong, but something about him kept holding her in place. He smelled like home and mint, and only when she swore she felt something sticky on her skin, she regained her senses.