𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕎𝕖𝕚𝕣𝕕𝕠 𝕠𝕟 𝕄𝕒𝕡𝕝𝕖 𝕊𝕥𝕣𝕖𝕖𝕥

--𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕎𝕖𝕚𝕣𝕕𝕠 𝕠𝕟 𝕄𝕒𝕡𝕝𝕖 𝕊𝕥𝕣𝕖𝕖𝕥--

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Ooh you're a cool cat...

Coming on strong with all the chit chat..."

----------------------------------------------------------------

He saw her walking out the doors of the school; now was his chance. Her brown hair whipped around her face in the wind, and her skin was covered in goosebumps from the cold. It had been odd weather all day- no forecast predicted anything of the cold.

Jeremiah jogged up to the girl and began walking in stride with her, his hands stuffed in his pockets and a kind smile on his face.

"Hey, Wheeler," The boy said softly, his breath making fog in the air, "Pretty crazy weather, huh?"

"Yeah, I guess," Nancy said while looking at the ground with a grimace.

"You got a ride home?" Jeremiah asked.

"Nope. Barb's sick," Nancy replied.

"Shame," Jeremiah said while looking forward with a smile, "Would you mind if I walked you home?"

Nancy stared at him with confusion etched on her face, "No," She answered simply.

"Cool. Cool, cool, cool," Jeremiah said awkwardly.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Why are you talking to me?"

The two teens had said at the same time.

Jeremiah chuckled uncomfortably, "Sorry, you go first."

"Why are you talking to me? We literally haven't spoken in months." She said, It was true, the last time they had spoken was during a huge dinner between the Wheelers, Sinclairs, Hendersons, and Byers families.

Jeremiah's face flushed, knowing he'd been caught, "W-what? Can't a guy just talk to a girl when he's walking her home?"

Nancy just stared at him. Her gaze hardening as if she was daring him to keep lying.

Jeremiah stared back, swallowing the saliva that had pooled in the back of his throat, "I just... I just want to talk to you," He said as his voice went an octave higher.

Nancy just gave him a pitiful smile, "Look, Jeremiah, if you're trying to ask me out, I just want you to know the answer is going to be no..."

"What?" Jeremiah said, perhaps a bit too loud, "I- no, no I'm not.

"Oh," Nancy replies softly, a blush covering her cheeks.

"Listen," Jeremiah looks down at her and swallows, "I'm gonna be completely honest with you... Steve is like, super into you. And he knew that our brothers are friends and whatnot so he asked if I could put a good word in for him with you. So, yeah, that's what I'm doing now."

A laugh escaped Nancy's throat, and she tried to mask it with a cough, "Steve? Harrington?"

"Yeah," Jeremiah says with a hopeful smile.

"Sorry, but, tell him I say no," The younger girl said. She begins walking a bit faster in an attempt to get home in less time. Jeremiah wasn't sure if it was because she wanted to escape the cold or him.