17

Druig and Soro were dragged from the warm cocoon of the cabin on the morning of the second day since he had arrived. They had spent most of the day before naked and tangled within the pale blue sheets of Druig's bed as the blue eyed eternal spent hours apologising to his husband. Words of love and declarations of devotion spoken against skin and whispered between gasps of air. Soro had just been glad to feel his husband's hands on him again, after five hundred years of being so alone. Though, the way Druig was apologising felt so damn good that he might keep up the anger for a bit longer just to bask in the worship for a bit longer. Druig's eyes sparkled with such tenderness and love that he was definitely enjoying making it up to Soro as the long haired male was at receiving it. Unfortunately, their time in that nest was finite and on the second morn they were forced to rise and become presentable to the public again.

They had shared a shower, Druig running his fingers through Soro's hair s he washed it, nails scratching soothingly against his scalp. (Soro had missed that. He had missed everything). After, they had dressed. Soro in a slightly too big black sleeveless vest, Druig being broader around the shoulders despite their similar heights and Soro's great strength, but the trousers fit. Druig wove the majority of his hair into a braid along his head, the shorter strands slipping out to brush his cheekbones as Soro smiled at him. "I don't want to go out there", Druig whined as he tied the braid off and wrapped his arms around Soro's neck.

The other man laughed at the childlike complaint. "I doubt you'd want the others to arrive and find us naked". It had been two days. Kingo's private jet had landed last night and thanks to a text from Sersi, he had a rough estimate of them they were due to arrive. The other eternal texting him to meet them there.

"Don't worry", he leaned back into Druig, feeling the other making a nonverbal grumbling noise in his throat. "We have a while together yet. Let's deal with this first". He pressed a kiss to a sharp cheekbone and lingered there for a second, nose pressed to warm skin before pulling away. "You can show me the village". Rising in a fluid movement, he held out a hand to Druig and pulled him up from the bed.

"No like much has changed in the last year", the blue eyed man huffed, hand still interlocked with Soro's. Having gone so long without each other, it felt like they needed to be touching all the time now. It would pass, as it did after their wedding, but it would never go away and instead reduce to a simmer. But for now, it was intense.

Druig walked Soro around the small village as the morning sun rose into midday. It wasn't a big place, maybe about eight hundred people lived there at a stretch. They had their own store, blacksmiths, and a little dock on the river where they traded with other communities. The people Druig had taken five hundred years ago, Aztec and Spanish invader both, their descendants lived peacefully here. Some had left over the years while some had stayed. Soro had of course seen parts of it over the years during his games of hide and seek with Druig every anniversary, however it was nice to listen to Druig's stories. The man obviously cared for his community and it brought about a warmth to him that had been lacking. Soro listened and realised how much Ajak's forbiddance of interfering in human affairs had smothered Druig. The man had too much love to give.

Soro stopped as they reached the top of the village. Here the trees were lined with bridges between the branches and the houses were spread out more than they were by the river bank. Druig paused, turning to look at him with curiosity for the sudden halt. His confusion was met with met with a kiss. Soro leant in and kissed his husband with every little tiny bit of the sheer love and warmth he was feeling towards him in that moment. It was too much that it felt like it was overflowing. Deuig's hands squeezed at his waist as he cupped the blue eyed's face. "What was that for?" The murmur as they parted for air was amused and slightly stunned.