~CHAPTER TWENTYFOUR~

Start from the beginning

   Suddenly Johnny came out of his office and the old man walked past Miguel towards Johnny. The two men started talking and it was obvious that Johnny was getting annoyed. Miguel came back to the group and Arlo nudged his side with her elbow.

   "Did you find out who that old dude is?" Arlo tilted her head toward Johnny and the, still, unnamed man.

   Miguel shook his head but didn't take his eyes off of the man. "No."

   "He's creeping me out." Arlo shook her head.

   Miguel looked at Arlo who had her eyebrows furrowed while she watch Johnny and the old man talking. Before Miguel could respond, Johnny shouted for everyone to fall in. Chris and some of the new recruits looked around in confusion as the people wearing gis started moving into lines.

   "It just means line up." Arlo told everyone with a smile before taking her place at the front between Hawk and Aisha.

   When everyone was lined up, Johnny walked to the front of the lines to talk to everyone.

   "Class, we have a visitor. This is Mr. Kreese." Johnny turned his head to the old man standing beside him. "He's just an obvserver. Pretend like he's not even here. Mr. Diaz, warm them up."

   Johnny stepped back so Miguel could have stand in front of the class. Miguel bowed to everyone and they did the same back to him.

   "Fighting positions!" Miguel shouted and all the students got into position. "Front kick! Yuh!"

   "Yuh!"

   "Forward strike! Yuh!"

   "Yuh!"

   "Side dab! Yuh!" 

   Everyone except for Arlo dabbed. She wasn't trying to 'show off' or standout, she just thought it was cringey. All the kids in the class started laughing and Arlo looked over at Johnny who looked confused and embarrassed.

   "What the hell was that?" Johnny shouted at Miguel.

   Miguel was now the one who looked confused. "We were just messing around. We have eleven and a half month until the next All Valley."

   "Yeah, besides, we already know how to kick ass." Hawk chimed in and everyone except for Arlo started laughing.

   "Oh, yeah, really, huh? So, you know everything. There's nothing left to learn, huh?" Johnny asked Hawk.

   Arlo shook her head, she was frustrated that they couldn't just get on with practice. Aisha started laughing and Arlo sighed loudly. Johnny walked past Arlo and stood in front of Aisha.

   "What's so funny, Ms. Robinson?" Johnny asked in a low 'intimidating' voice.

   Aisha giggled and shook her head. "I'm sorry, Sensei. You just wouldn't understand."

   "Try me." Johnny nodded his head and Arlo looked over.

   Aisha looked around and started laughing. "It's a snake-do."

   A bunch of other kids started laughing. Arlo sighed and shook her head. 

   Johnny looked around at everyone and then back at Aisha. 
"What's a snake-do?"

   As soon as the words left his mouth all of the kids that were laughing put their hands up in a snake shape and started hissing. Arlo felt embarrassed, so she put her hands behind her back and her head down, not wanting to make eye contact with anyone.

   "Quiet!" Johnny's loud shout made everyone shut up and Arlo looked up at her Sensei. "5:00 a.m. tomorrow morning. Corner of Fulton and Raymer. You don't show, and you're off the team. Class dismissed."