"Wait is this about us?"

They had been making their way down the carpet, her hand still in his. He was practically floating, flashing the biggest smile, enjoying his place by her side.

A woman approached them, holding a microphone.

"I have to say, you both look stunning. It's like seeing the real Barbie and Ken." She said.

"We are Barbie and Ken." Ken stated. The woman chuckled at his response.

"So Ken, what would be your perfect day?" She asked. She held out her microphone to him.

"Ken's perfect day would be if Barbie dropped something and she didn't notice it, and he got to pick it up and say, 'Hey, Barbie, you dropped this." He said automatically.

It wasn't even a thought. Just pure desire spoken. Seeing her wasn't enough- as amazing as that was- he wanted to be seen by her. Ever since he was in his packaging, he had admired her. She was beautiful, and charming, and amazing to be around.

She was magic.

She had been the one to find him. Brought on a truck in his packaging. She ripped him out of his beautiful prison and freed him. She danced with him, ate with him, played doctor, astronaut, and superhero with him.

She was his best friend.

Even after more Barbies had ripped their plastic and joined them, none of them could ever replace her. She was known as stereotypical Barbie but she was so much more than that. She was everything to him.

and he was just Ken.

In Barbieland, he was in constant competition with everyone for her attention. He didn't want to mess up again and be a patriarchy guy but he also didn't want to be sidelined anymore.

But it could be different now. He realized. This was a new start. Just Barbie and Ken.

"You've really captured the Kenergy. The pure essence of Ken. Barbie, what say you?" The reporter turned her attention to Barbie. Margot listened to Ryan's response. It wasn't even an act for him anymore. He was Ken. Ken was him.

"Barbie's perfect day would be a big dance party with all her Barbie friends. And Ken of course." She said, swinging their hands together. Ken felt hot. Barbie was holding his hand. The day couldn't get any better.

"And will we be seeing those days onscreen?" The reporter pressed.

"Guess you'll have to see when the movie comes out. On July 21st." She responded smoothly. The reporter laughed, loving her response. The two continued on, hand in hand. A beautiful picture of both a glamorous Barbie and her Ken. The cameras flashed like crazy, taking shot after shot of two.

"What movie?" Ken asked.

She stared at him for a second. Because he couldn't be serious.

"And I thought I was a method actor." She laughed. He could have sworn his heart skipped a beat. Even her laugh was beautiful. He was in a trance like state as they walked into the theater. 15 minutes into the movie he realized something.

"Wait, is this movie about us?" He said aloud.

That night #BarbieandherKen #PerfectDay was trending all over twitter. And the photos from the premiere, including the picture of a blushing Ryan Gosling holding hands with Margot Robbie went viral.