Podcast Confessions🎧

Start from the beginning

"I love that girl, I vowed to never be the reason Mia cries unless we getting it on" I smile absentmindedly knowing she be damn near sobbing when I'm all up in it. "Love? You heard it first here ladies, Mr Easton Brewster is off the streets" BigBoy announced making me chuckle as I nod looking directly into the camera, "Definitely, lil mama got my heart" I state confidently. "I know a man that's in love when I see one" a lady in the room comments making me chuckle, "Now let's talk about your upcoming EP and what we should expect" BigBoy suggested as the interview continued.

After the interview, I passed by the barbershop to get my hair redone and a line-up, "Thanks Jay, you clean my shit up every time" I say dapping up my cousin who is also the manager of the barbershop. Growing up, Jay and I fell victim to the streets so we dabbled in a bit of everything before we got caught up on possession charges and got locked up for almost 3 years.

It hit our family hard because I had my basketball career going for me and Jay had a full ride scholarship to Howard but we lost all of that once we got locked up. Music was the only thing that kept me sane during that time and once a Def Jam heard my first project they signed me to their label allowing me to provide a different future for my family.

The barbershop, Elite Cuts, was my first investment and I made Jay the manager because I knew he understood the game more than I did and I trusted him. He ended up getting a diploma in Business Management and Marketing which made me put his name under our second location in Atlanta as his graduation gift.

We were just two boys from Queens who were trying to break the stereotype and make a name for ourselves, " How's the fam?" He asked cleaning up his station

We were just two boys from Queens who were trying to break the stereotype and make a name for ourselves, " How's the fam?" He asked cleaning up his station. "Mia and the kids are good, Millie is still on her bullshit but Kai is spending the weekend with us" I reply with a smile, "That's good man, you should come over then" he suggests.

My family always hosted a cookout at the end of Summer before the kids went back to school, "I'lol talk to my lady and let you know" I say dapping him up on my way out. Barely making it out of the parking lot, the iPhone tone sounds through my speakers making me smirk as the contact name is sounded out loud.

 Barely making it out of the parking lot, the iPhone tone sounds through my speakers making me smirk as the contact name is sounded out loud

Mia: Hey baby
East: Hey mama, you okay? How's my princess?
Mia: Yeah I'm okay and Yomi is having her cuddling session with Riley. We just finished having brunch at Jams
East: Oh so that's the charge I got on my Amex?
Mia: (giggles) Yeah, this is a daddy sponsored date
East: Hmm, so does sponsoring lunch come with privileges?
Mia: Of course, gotta make sure you good since you're out here proclaiming your love for me on live podcasts
East: (chuckles) oh so you heard it? I ain't told a lie though
Mia: Oh I know, it's okay cause I love you too daddy
East: You better, you going home after your brunch?
Mia: Yeah, I'll go drop Raven off before I go to your mom's to see the kids
East: Aight mamas, tell my kids I love them and I'll see you at home
Mia: Okay baby, I love you
East: I love you too mama