Prologue

I keep on staring at my glass while I swirl the wine to indulge the bittersweet aroma of it. These moments keep on going round and round just as days pass by. People around me feel the ecstasy of their lives right now or they're taking their time to celebrate. Some may have been too lonely or too scared to be alone. Everyone here has a purpose why they're here. But here I am, so indifferent from everyone else.

I sighed as I watched the people in the crowd dancing and singing their lungs out. It's already midnight and the crowd seems to grow in numbers.

I got off the couch, left my wine and headed to the back door to enter a different world. Only exclusive members of this club know this place. And again, even here the crowd grows in numbers. I approached the bartender and ordered a shot of tequila.

"Flake, you're here already." Jane greeted me and just nod at her. My friends already arrived and we sat on a couch far from this back door club.

I kept thinking about leaving the mansion for a while now. But I can't just leave my dad alone. That place is hell! Bickering and yelling would be our breakfast, throwing knives and shooting guns would be our dinner. How far can my Dad take all those monsters?

Dad is the most caring and warm hearted human being that I know of. His siblings, my titos and titas would always fight each other because of the inheritance. As the oldest from the family, he would try to calm his siblings down to avoid disruption of Grandpa Diego, head of the family, recovery as he has already grown thin and old.

Worse come to worse, but still hoping for his fast recovery, his disrespectful children would always bicker about inheritance they will get from Grandpa.

"Right, Flake?" I turned my head to Justine trying to take me back to reality. I just looked at him bored and nodded.

They were chitchatting about something but I wasn't paying attention to any of it. It's like I've lost the sense of ... time.

"You know what Flake, stop thinking too hard. We're at a party!" Gio said while handing me a shot of tequila. I reached for it and gulped it down. We went to the dance floor and tried to enjoy the night.

"WHERE THE HELL IS FLAKE?!"

Some one stormed inside the back door with all the range.The music stopped and everyone stepped aside giving way for her in the crowd to me. She went straight to me and clenched her fist holding my shirt. My friends were about to back me up to let me go but I stopped them. I want to hear what this little one wants to say.

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" She accussed me.

"What?"

"Because of you, he will die! You are a fucking spoiled brat!" Her tears started to fall from her cheeks because of anger.

I was caught off guard when she said that. I was not  that heartless, I always weigh what punishment someone deserves not to the point someone would do so.

"Who will die?" I asked her.

After she calmed down from crying so loudly, she said in her weakest voice. "James."

Suddenly, silence ate me and my vision was hazy. I let her choke me while she's crying her heart out. I was still in shock and couldn't process anything. Everything around me seemed too quiet but my hearts pounds harder and

"This is all your fault, Flake!" I held her wrist that is still clinging onto my shirt.

"Repeat what you just said." I told her to confirm. I hope I heard her wrong.

"JAMES! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!"

I pushed her back as hard as I could. The crowd had a lot of murmurs because of what she said. Jane followed me as I ran back to the mansion.

I kept denying in my head what that woman said to me. I'll really kill her if she's wrong!

The rain is pouring harder and harder. The closer I get to the mansion, my heart beats so loudly. I reached the main door and slowly turned the door knob with trembling hands. As I entered, I could hear her evil laugh echoing, louder and louder as I approached the library.

"That's what you deserve after all these years suffering from all your shits!"

The moment I laid my eyes on my Dad in a pool of thick blood crying with full of regrets. I run to him and held him on my arms. I put pressure on his chest to stop his blood from gushing out.

"Finally, your little brat is here." I looked at her coldly. I have no idea who the hell is she and why is she doing this?

"I'm going to fucking kill you." My voice started to break as I could feel my body heats trying to suppress all my emotion.

"I think its about time that you know. Right, James? Ops. He's already dead"

"The reason why James dies tonight together with his Dad, would be the fucking inheritance. He abandoned us right after Diego found out ---"

My body reacted so fast, her body is now on the floor after I hit her hard on her dumb face. There's no one who would ever stop me, I will kill this woman. I don't want to hear all her shits. There's no other explanation, this is just pure evil.

I kept on punching her in the face.

"My dad is the nicest person I know. He was never interested in gaining inheritance! Fuck that inheritance!"

After all the punching and kicking, my arms started to ache. I stood up and walked towards my Dad. I held him in my arms again and started to mourn for him. My heart was never this crushed before, I felt like life is sinking from all this ache.

"We are not finished yet!" She said while panting. How could she even stand up with all those broken bones?

My body is so tired after beating here. Now, I do not have any energy to waste on her.

I did not mind her at all. I just cried my heart out while hugging my Dad.

"This is not over until I kill every single one of this fucking family." She said while trying to stand up.

She wanted more. I stood up, took my handgun and pointed it at her. She did not even step back. Who the hell is this woman?

"Flake, I think you should stop here. Let the police handle this." Jane stopped me from pulling the trigger.

"BUT SHE KILLED MY FATHER, JANE!" I shouted out of anger.

"Flake, you know you won't." Jane kept on insisting.

"Jane, this is the only thing that I want! This is the least thing that I could do."

"But James wouldn't like this."

I know that thought keeps holding me back. I am aware that killing is forbidden in our family even though we are a part of society that holds power. There are things that my elders couldn't explain.

"Killing would get you killed." The woman murmured. "That's the curse that your family put me through." she added.

"You are really trying to be killed, woman. You don't know anything about my family."

"I know you can't kill me, darling." She may not be afraid of gunshots, but in death she is because I could see her hands tremble.

"I can." And I pulled the trigger.