ع˖⁺ ━━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐕𝐈

Start from the beginning

"I haven't been able to properly pay attention to my children due to my duties, yet they've grown into healthy children thanks to you"

Aziel felt his blood rising to his face as he also stared down at the ground, anger arousing in him. He wanted nothing more at that moment than to punch Claude in the face

'Duties? What a pathetic excuse. You weren't able to properly pay attention to us, you neglected us! You didn't even think of us as your children! We were mere bugs in your eyes and now you wish to play family?' Aziel thought to himself as he started to shake from anger as he bit his lips to calm himself down. His anger rose with every second as he held back the urge to kill Claude right then and there when he felt someone squeeze his hand. His anger immediately began to calm down as he stared at his hand which was holding onto Athanasia's

"From today forward, Aziel de Alger Obelia will be treated as the Crown Prince while Athanasia de Alger Obelia will be fully known as the First Princess. I will be personally looking after them from today and onwards"

Claude announced as Aziel and Athanasia looked at each other before at him then back at one another as his words began to settle into their mind, knowing that they weren't the only ones that heard it as a surprised expression appeared on their faces.

'Huh?'

-

'It's been three weeks since me and Athy had our first meeting with our father, and since then, we have met him two more times. Both times in which I had forced Athy to feed me- much to her displeasure even though she always compelled and fed me.'

"You've gotten chubbier."

Claude had commented with a hum, examining Athy who was fuming beside me while I did my best to hold in my laughter, causing Athy to shoot me a glare that I did not miss.

"You've gotten taller as well."

Claude said to me. With a raised brow, a devilish grin appeared on my face as I replied back to him.

"Taller than Athy?"

I asked, causing my sister to shoot another glare at him, lightly nudging in me on my arm which went mostly unnoticed by others because we were standing shoulder to shoulder with one another.

"Taller than your sister"

Claude said with a small nod. And in an almost comical way, Athy had the most offended look on her face as if someone had just told her chocolate was the worst thing to exist in the world.

During these times we had both come to notice...no matter how pert and insolent we acted, he made no attempt to harm or kill us.

Over our past few meetings, I've gotten more used to his presence. Athanasia however still has an understandable fear of him and would not be left alone in these rooms unless I were with her. Perhaps she feels more safer and relaxed when I'm with her, but I wouldn't know, maybe I'll never know. Ever since a few months back, we've been able to keep our thoughts to ourselves- which provided us our much-needed privacy, but at times like these, I truly do wish to know what my younger sister must be thinking.

However, one particular event that happened recently will forever be engraved into my mind as he said those words- those words that almost cost me the lives of my sister and I

"Follow me, I was on my way to the lake so join me."

-

To say Athanasia was upset was an understatement...From the moment Claude muttered those words she had been fuming on the inside from sheer anger alone, knowing that she couldn't do a thing as the two of them followed the golden-haired Emperor to the one place her brother had despised the most. Water