Chapter 5: Confrontation

Start from the beginning

Successfully dodging the initial assault, Miles swiftly sprinted into an alleyway, pulling his ever-ready helmet from his hoodie and securing it over his face

Successfully dodging the initial assault, Miles swiftly sprinted into an alleyway, pulling his ever-ready helmet from his hoodie and securing it over his face. With agile finesse, he ascended the vertical surface, his sneakers propelling him upward. It was then that his attention was arrested by the gleaming reflection of two metallic projectiles hurtling in his direction. The detonation of these explosive devices created a shockwave that propelled Miles forcefully into the brick wall behind him, leaving him no opportunity to respond. Grimacing, he clenched his teeth in response to the searing agony that surged from his back.

With a horrified expression, Miles looked on as the figure emerged from the dissipating smoke, appearing almost as an embodiment of ashes. A manic laughter emanated from the figure, and in that instant, Miles's recognition struck like lightning. This man was none other than Norman Osborn, the CEO of Oscorp, a man who had subjected himself to experimental performance enhancers, resulting in a descent into madness.

Miles looked on in horror as the Goblin neared closer to him on his glider, continuing to let out a sinister laugh. Miles latched himself onto a nearby dumpster, using it to lift himself from his position on the ground. As he was getting up, his body was in horrible pain, but he courageously pushed onward, getting up and grabbing his bag. Miles threw on his gauntlets, charging them up and using them to propel himself upward onto a rooftop. All the while, Miles was pursued by the Goblin, who projected several 'Razor Bats' at Miles, one grazing his shoulder, creating a large gash that began to pour out blood.

Miles winced in pain and gripped his shoulder as he spun around, spotting the Goblin zooming down the alleyway, fast approaching. Without time to spare, Miles dashed through the alleyway towards the street, dodging past several dumpsters and trash cans as he made his way. Osborn charged forward, pointing the sharp end of his glider towards Miles as his speed increased, closing the distance between him and Miles.

Miles glanced over his shoulder and saw Goblin nearing closer. Miles reacted quickly, leaping into the air, running up the wall using his anti-gravity 'Utility 1's', narrowly avoiding Osborn's attack. The Goblin growled before projecting several more Pumpkin Bombs at Miles, who was now running across the side of a building. The shockwaves generated by these explosions knocked Miles off balance, causing him to fall to the street below, landing on his side. Groaning in excruciating pain, Miles stood up and, like a light bulb going off in his head, masterminded a perfect plan.

Miles started by leaping on the side of an apartment complex. Racing across the building, he glanced over his shoulder and spotted the Goblin beginning to pursue him. Utilizing this, he slightly decreased his speed, allowing the Goblin to close the gap between them. He unexpectedly spun around, cracking his glove across the Goblin's face, shattering his yellow-tinted lens. Osborn held his face in pain as his glider clipped the side of a fire escape sending Osborn tumbling to the street below, landing on his stomach on a fire hydrant.

Miles was already down the streets, running as fast as he possibly could, sweating bullets while constantly stealing glances over his shoulder as he made his way home. This trek home was the longest of Miles's life, as he was increasingly paranoid of his surroundings, shooting up after hearing even the slightest sign of life.