Chapter 1

It's another day of mindlessly scrolling through the apps on his phone for Blade since there isn't much to do when Kafka is out shopping and Silver Wolf is busy pestering people in the games she constantly plays. Rolling his eyes, he thought even the internet wasn't enough to get rid of this boredom that's been haunting him. With a heavy sigh, the dark-haired man got up from the place he invaded for the last couple hours while waiting for Kafka to return home. This place sure was boring as hell without her.

Lazily, he made his way to the kitchen to grab a hot cup of black coffee to keep himself awake for a bit longer, or else the moment he left Silver Wolf without supervision she could wreak havoc and destroy the little peace he has in his life. Even if the so-called peace came with the burden of dullness. As the man started to boil the water, that strange "cruck" notification sound reached his ears. Though usually he would assume it is an ordinary message from Kafka, Blade knew that it was coming from a quite special headache of a person. A hunk, well-built man that evoked the sensation of being in the presence of a literal God, whom by the way he met two weeks ago, on Grindr to be exact.

At first, it was meant to be a cruel joke between him and Silver Wolf, but it didn't take long for Blade to realize she was dead serious about it. She was the one who created the account for Blade as a result of the time when he decided to clear up the entire house because he was bored. The moment he stepped into Silver Wolf's room and accidentally plugged the vacuum into the wrong socket; it marked the end of Blade's cleaning spree right then and there because that short circuit did not only shut down Silver Wolf's computer but also the entire house's electricity. He was kicked out of her room immediately, but she came after him another minute later and grabbed Blade's phone furiously. After typing at the speed of lightning and downloading an app along that process she threw the phone into his face and said "Go and be someone else's problem now."

Since that day, he has been dealing with this Jing Yuan guy. To be fair, the guy was pretty good-looking. He was a type that was far or less out of Blade's league, yet, Jing Yuan chose to deal with Blade's antics for these past two weeks. He somehow didn't get on Blade's nerves so Blade didn't think of rejecting a good looking man who seemed to be composed of pure eighty kilograms of muscle. Especially since the photos in Jing Yuan's profile always managed to make Blade's gaze linger a bit longer than it should. What else could he have asked for really? With white, silky-looking wavy hair and that soft laugh, Jing Yuan was a composition of things Blade couldn't dare to disregard. It was only physical attraction and sexual frustration combined with needing to be consulted and understood. At least that's what he told himself after preparing his quick coffee and then heading back to the couch he was sitting on. Putting his cup on the table he swiftly grabbed the phone to check out that new notification from his newest object of attraction.

As Blade expected, the notification was from Jing Yuan. Usually, they didn't talk much daily, but Jing Yuan was a outhoing guy. He always managed to come up with a subject that would intrigue Blade and managed to keep up an interesting conversation. However, today was kind of different. Aside from a morning text, there was a photo attached to it, a photo of a breakfast table. The message below followed: Wish you were here too... along with an unnecessary heart emoji. Blade couldn't help but grimace at the man's efforts, the romance was cool indeed but why was he trying so hard for a person he met on an online dating app?

With a heavy sigh, he started typing an answer.

Where are you?

Before sending it he doubled back, the self-doubting questions were racing in his mind endlessly. Was he replying too fast? Would this make him seem eager to meet Jing Yuan? They didn't live too far away from each other though, was it too early to ask for a meet-up? Luckily, Jing Yuan sent another message before he sent his own.