Chapter 14:Punishment

Start from the beginning

"Mother" I mumble looking at her.

"Mi a wait pan yuh fi explain wah kind a trip this and fi which teacher"

"It's for my history class we're going to a maroon village and then we have to write a report on it for class next week" I explained to her.

"Mi nuh see weh yuh can learn from that, it nah benefit yuh in no way cause a nuh like yah take history inna CXC" she says hissing her teeth as she gets up from the couch.

"Teachers just know how fi waste parents money try know yuh nah go" she cuss walking off to the kitchen.

"But mommy its apart of my grade for that class" I rebut walking after her.

"Yuh should a think bout that when yuh did a come in hours a night wid hickey pan yuh neck" she argues raising her voice slightly and I stop walking after her.

Storming over to my father's home office I pushed the doors open, "Daddy, mommy a be unfair!" I yell upset about the situation.

"Mi not even deh home 30 minutes good" he mumbles to himself looking up at the ceiling, "Wah happen now?" he asks with a slightly hint of annoyance in his voice.

"Mommy a seh she nah send me even after I told her it's going to affect my grade for that class" I recall and he sighs.

"Celine!" 

"What is it Joseph?" she answers walking into the room.

"Why she cyah go pan the trip? Yuh do know this ago affect her grade right?" he asks and she rests her hands on her hips.

"She should a think bout that before she take up weh she nuh ready fah" mommy says wringing up her neck and daddy hisses his teeth.

"Fuckry yah chat cause if she fi fail dah class deh now a you same one ago wah murder her for it" he says and I smiled inwardly.

Yea daddy tell her the things dem

"Mi nah raise no skettel in here suh yuh can stay deh enable her behaviour" she finalises storming out the room and daddy sighs turning to me.

"I'm sorry Sy yuh just affi go find a way fi make up that grade" he tells me and I look at him in disbelief.

"It's fine, I'll figure it out" I mumble walking out with a defeated spirit.

SCHOOL|| MONDAY, NOVEMBER 2ND

"Cyah believe them nah make yuh go and yuh know how Ms. Henry she stay, a fail she ago fail yuh eno" Avi says and I continue eating my lunch as I listen to her talk about the whole ordeal.

"Who a fail wah?" Raheem asks, him and Azai taking a seat at our table, we were sitting outside under the tree.

"Sixth form lunch time nuh over?" Avi questions glaring at Raheem and Azai drapes his arm over my shoulder.

"Yuh good?" he whispers in my ear and I nod, no see the sense telling him wah gwan cause a nuh like him can fix it.

"Just easy nuh Avi mi seh me sorry" Raheem says to her but she hisses her teeth getting up from the table.

"Sy mi will see yuh inna maths class" she tells me before walking away with Raheem hot on her heels.

Pulling me closer Azai drapes my legs over his lap, "Mi know something do yuh suh tell me wah gwan"

"Mommy nah make me go pan the history trip Friday suh mi practically fail the class already" I tell him a shorten version of what happened.

Sighing he runs his hand up and down my leg, "Mi can talk to Ms. Henry fi yuh eno and see if she can give you something else" he suggests and I shake my head no.