2. Bible Triangle

"What will you drink?"

Tunmishe asked, looking disgusted at Nmeso's side of the room. Novels of all kinds were spread about her side, clothes, shoes, even underwear. What kind of ill fate had joined her with this girl, she still didn't know.

"Water is fine. Don't stress. I'll be leaving soon anyway."

Nmeso just stared. Man, he was fine. She wanted him, and she always got what she wanted. All she needed was to get him alone, and maybe she'd be able to score points with him.

"Hey, what's up? I'm Nmesoma, Tunmishe's roommate."

Even she surprised herself with how chill she sounded, but it was all good, maybe it was better she didn't come off too strong.

"Oh hey, I'm Yinka. Nice meeting you. I wanted to talk to you about something quite serious actually."

Her heart skipped. What did he want? Did he hear anything about her? Was her chance already ruined?

"What is your take on Christianity?"

Now she understood. This was an evangelism thing. Mtcheww. After all the shots she had planned in head. Them and this their Christianity rubbish sef. Kai, and she wanted to catch this boy oh. Well, she would play along. There was little to lose and a lot to gain, and that lot, she would gain.

"Well I think God sees our hearts. And we don't need to wear all those 'maryamaka' to prove it, as long as we love God."

Tunmishe bit back a laugh. What kind of answer was that? Nmeso as clueless as usual sha, it wasn't new. She handed the bottle of water to Yinka and decided to make a grand entrance into their conversation.

"Well, I think Christianity like the name implies, is centred around one person - Jesus."

Nmesoma stared daggers at her. What was that? This was her question! Who did she think she was stepping in and ruining her parade like that?

"Right you are, Shey. It's a beautiful thing to be one with Christ. Now again I ask, what might your take be on salvation, Nmesoma? Your name right?"

This was going the wrong route. She didn't want to be a part of this rubbish they were trying to rope her into. Deep breaths, she told herself.

"Oh I don't know, Yinka. Could you enlighten me?"

She said, her hand landing right on his lap without a second thought. She began stroking his leg gently, trying to send the signal, she knew he wouldn't resist.

"Uh, okay."

He didn't want her to touch him. She irritated him, but the gospel had to spread. He felt jittery all of a sudden, short of words.He looked at her, their eyes meeting. His heart felt peace in those eyes, though they were clearly troubled. God, she was beautiful. Every last detail in her eyes caught him, off guard and completely.

"Ehem."

Tunmishe. That was what she always did when she didn't like where something was going. He jolted.

"Yes, yes. Salvation. Shey, could you help us with the meaning of salvation?"

"It is the freedom from sin and it's consequences. It is the life that Christ arose with. The life we are meant to receive."

Tunmishe completed withe the slightest smile on her face. Nmeso was fuming. Oh, she thought she was soooo smart. Ugh. Nmeso fought hard not to drive her fist into her face.

"Beautiful answer, just like you, Shey. Have you heard her, Nmeso?"

Nmeso watched Tunmishe's face burst into a huge smile. She didn't even care about whatever they were defining, but she absolutely hated the upper hand Tunmishe had on her right now. Deep breaths, she told herself again.

Tension in the room rose, getting thicker with each right answer Tunmishe gave. By the end of the talk, Nmeso was boiling.

"Are you willing to accept Christ now?"

Yinka asked her. Deep breaths, she told herself for the third time.

"Yes, yes I am."

"Beautiful! Now repeat after me."

She repeated every word of what Yinka said, not because she understood anything of the class they just had, but because she had a plan. She would play along with this their Christianity game. She would go to church and do everything he wanted. She understood Tunmishe had feelings for Yinka, but Yinka was obviously oblivious to them. Great, two birds with one stone.

She would one-up Tunmishe.

She would prove to herself that she could get whatever she wanted.

She would get Yinka.

A/N : Shout-out to David for the inspiration to finally write chapter 2. It was so hard, but he was there. Thank you very much.