Her flawless warm brown skin is complimented by the healthy dusty pink flush to her cheeks and full lips. She has a mix of angular and soft features and her dark brown hair is styled in curls today with a few shorter strands always dangling just by the sides of her face that I find myself staring at for far too long whenever we lock eyes. They're a heavenly mix of chocolate brown with bold green specks, reminding me of mint chocolate chip. Faye West is literal perfection in my eyes.

Stop it Noah! She'd never look at you the same way, I reprimand myself mentally.

Even though I've just got out of a relationship and wouldn't jump into another one right away I can't deny that I enjoy her presence and she's cute too. Snapping myself out of it though I make my way over to her and knock on the table right next to her notebook.

"Fuck!" She yelps as she lurches back and almost topples off her chair. "Holy shit Noah! Don't sneak up on me like that!"

I chuckle at her furrowed brows as she takes off her headphones with a pout. "You're facing the door Faye. You should've seen me walk in."

"Well...I-I...excuse me for being focused on my work!" She splutters adorably and I resist the urge to pinch her cheeks.

"Alright, I'm sorry. Can you find it in your heart to forgive me?" I cry dramatically as I set my things down.

"No." She mumbles but with an amused smile.

"I got you your favorites."

"You're forgiven." She beams happily as she takes the food from my outstretched hands. "What brings you here anyways? Are you done for the day?"

"Yeah, I just have practice left but that's hours away." I reply and rest my head on my crossed arms on the table.

"Did you eat?"

"Hmm. I got coffee before my lecture there." I answer as I close my eyes. "Do you have any classes left?"

"No, I just came in to get some notes done."

"Good. Do you want to go get food?" I ask and smile when she laughs.

"Sure. Give me fifteen minutes?" She continues talking before I can respond. "Oh! Lilah wants to meet you too. Will I ask her if she wants to go?"

"Yeah, I don't mind." I nod as I watch her text her friend. "She's the one that lives three doors down right?"

"Yep! She's free too so where are we –" Faye's interrupted when her phone starts ringing. "Sorry, it's my dad. I need to take it."

"I can leave if you want?"

"No, don't be silly! I doubt it'll take long." She waves off my suggestion and I resume scrolling through social media.

"Hi dad. How are you?"

"Apparently the youngest of the Jackson clan, Noah, goes to the same university as you." A loud masculine voice filters through and her eyes widen. "Stay away from that kid alright?"

A huge grin is plastered on my face and Faye realizes straight away that I can hear him in this quiet room. She scrambles to hang up but her phone ends up slipping from her shaky hands and sliding across to me. I grab it and smirk as I put him on loudspeaker, holding it away from her while listening to her father rambling on about me.

"Give it here!" She whispers lowly so he doesn't hear.

"Hush." I put a finger to my lips as her cheeks flame bright pink.

"...got in on a scholarship for soccer. You don't need to be around these boys. All they think about is partying and hooking up! They're bad news Faye and there is no doubt in my mind that Noah Jackson is the exact same." I place my hand against my heart acting deeply hurt which she rolls her eyes at. "Faye Harper West! Are you even listening?!"