Chapter 22: Insecurities

"Unnies..."
Y/N pronounces weakly. She has no idea how long she has been asleep. When she wakes up, she feels extremely thirsty and light headed.

"She is awake!"
She hears Rosé's voice.

"How long have I passed out?"

"Like a day? We are worried sick,"
Lisa says.

"I need water,"
Jennie quickly pours a cup of water and brings it to Y/N's mouth since Y/N doesn't have the energy to hold a cup right now.

"Better?"
Jisoo asks after Y/N finishes the water. Y/N nods lightly and stares at the blank space in front of her, trying to gain all her conscious back.

"I should call your mom and tell her that you are awake,"
Jisoo leaves the room to call Y/N's mother after leaving a soft peck on Y/N's forehead.

All of them are relieved to see Y/N awake. After their babies have been sent to another room for observation, they had been waiting for Y/N to wake up. When they waited for almost two hours, they started to panic. The doctor had to constantly reassure them that Y/N would be fine.

"We don't have names for our babies yet, Y/N,"
Jennie reminds her.

"I just woke up. It can wait,"
Y/N winces a little when she feels her lower stomach aching in pain.

"The doctor says if you wake up today, you can get discharged in a week,

"Okay,"

It doesn't occur to Y/N to ask how are the babies because she simply could not care less at the moment. She is extremely exhausted to even think about anything else other than taking care of her own self.

"You rest well, alright? Don't worry about the babies. They are in good hands,"
Y/N nods at Lisa with a small smile. Little do her wives know that the babies are literally the last thing she will pay attention to right now.

One month later
Y/N is clenching on her hair hard in frustration. It's not easy to take care of three babies at the same time.

Yes, her wives are helpful. They try to help with whatever they can but sometimes, there are things that only Y/N can do. For example, feeding the babies or putting the babies to sleep.

Oddly, the babies seem to only feel safe when they are with Y/N. Maybe it's how the nature works. They don't know. That's not the point.

The thing is, Y/N is not super exhilarated about it. She wants to have her own personal space for a while. But the babies keep taking turn to get hungry or waking up from their sleep.

"Y/N, Min Hee is hungry again,"
Rosé carries one of the crying baby girl in her arms and approaches Y/N gingerly.

By the way, they have names for their babies now! The oldest one is Min Hee, the one whom Rosé is carrying. She is a very needy girl. She has to stay around Y/N for almost all the time. The second oldest is another baby girl, Min Soo, who is the most peaceful one and the easiest to deal with. The youngest one, Min Wook, who is needy as well but not as much as his oldest sister. He loves to stick around with his other mommies more compared to Y/N except when he is hungry or sleepy. 

Meanwhile, Y/N's wives are aware that she is very stressed out but they can't really do anything about it except for constantly reassuring Y/N that they will be there for her.

"Don't even,"
Y/N warns. She throws her head back against the headboard and groans.

"I know, baby. But only you can feed her and you know how much she likes to have you around her,"

"I can't do this now. I need a break,"

"Y/N, just one last time. You have to feed her, we can't leave her hungry and crying,"
Rosé too becomes stern because that's when Y/N will finally listen.

Y/N takes the baby in her hands unwillingly and pulls up her shirt. The baby sucks on her nipple and stops crying immediately.

But Y/N is the one crying now.

She is just so tired. She never gets enough sleep for a week. The babies would wake up in the middle of the night and more often than not, they wake up because they are hungry. So Y/N has no choice but to wake up too, trying to be a good mom and feed her kids well.

However, being a good mom is hard. She couldn't just sleep without worrying about anything. Her wives will wake her up while she is deep in her slumber, just because she has to feed her kids.

She doesn't even allow all of their parents to visit them now. She just needs to adjust to her new life without anyone interfering as much as possible. How she sees it now is that her life is a mess. She can't do anything properly because all her time are invested on her kids.

"Y/N..."
Rosé softens down and settles beside Y/N.

"I am tired, unnie,"
She sobs.

Not only Y/N, all her wives are tired too. They are in this together. They too are frustrated that they can't help Y/N more.

"I know. It will be okay soon,"
Rosé wipes away her tears gently and gives her a soft peck on her lips.

"I stink but I am too lazy to get up and shower. But I have to go because it gives me ick. My chest are swollen and heavy all the time. My face! Oh my gosh! My face has dark circles and my cheeks are dropping. I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!"

"Baby, I know this is not easy. I promise you, we will go travel around when everything has settled down, alright?"
Rosé caresses Y/N's cheeks tenderly and wheedles her. Y/N cries and hiccups at the same time, which makes Rosé soften herself even more. 

"I want to go to Italy first,"
Y/N says while she continues to hiccup.

"Alright, alright,"
Rosé picks up the tissue from the box and wipes her tears away for her.

"Do you still love me now even if I am gaining weight, have dry skin, have dark circles amd more emotional?"

"I love you no matter what, Y/N,"
Rosé leaves her a soft peck on her forehead and gives her a reassuring smile.