Chapter Ten

---

Didn't you think of me when you dashed outside the barrier to save that child?"

---

Chapter Ten

Knight in shining armor, who?

Excuse me, little girl. I was the one who saved you not that...naughty king!

I am greatly offended!

I heard Al's laugh and I looked up to him with my furrowed eyebrows.

He shaked his head and pointed towards me, "No, but that gentleman beside you surely is."

Agad na napatingala rin sa akin ang batang babae. Pero agad siyang napakunot ng noo niya ng makita ako. She ran and clung to Al's legs.

"B-but...he's...scary..." nanginginig na sambit nito. I widened my eyes while staring at her. Ayoko nang magsalita at baka matakot pa siya ng sobra. I breathed hard and looked away. I've never been good at dealing with kids, kapatid ko pa nga lang ay araw-araw ko nang karambulan.

I saw Juliana giggling beside Jaye. Pinanlakihan ko siya ng mata kaya agad siyang umayos sa pagkakatayo.

"Danie!"

Agad akong napalingon sa boses ng papalapit. It was Duchess Dian. When she saw Danie beside Al, she immediately ran to Al. The little girl, after seeing her mother, also left Al's side and ran towards the Duchess. The Duchess immediately lifted and hugged her child, almost crying.

"Where have you been?! Kanina ka pa namin hinahanap ng Papa mo! We were sick worried!" Duchess Dian said. The little girl cried in her arms. Agad na hinagod ni Duchess ang likuran nito.

Duchess Dian raised her head and saw Al. Agad siyang lumapit rito. "Your Majesty, thank you so much for saving my little girl. Nataranta na agad kami ni Harold palabas kanina kaya huli na namin mapansin na hindi namin kasama si Danie. I almost fainted when I saw her nowhere near with us. Thank you so much, My King." sambit nito at yumuko. Al immediately assisted her and stopped her from bowing then shaked his head.

"It was not me who saved her, it was Julius."

Nang sinambit ni Al ang pangalan ko ay agad na napalingon sa direksyon ko ang Duchess. Duchess Dian walked towards me and then slightly bowed, "Maraming salamat, Mahal na Prinsipe. I cannot express enough how thankful I am for your kindness. I hope I'd be able to reciprocate your kindness in the future in exchange for saving my child's life." She said with full of respect.

I shaked my head when she raised her head, "No, Duchess. You don't have to worry. I saved your child with my own will. It was an instinct after seeing a life in danger. No need to reciprocate it, you have expressed your thanks enough." I replied with sincerity. This kind of situation is kind of exhausting. I have to freaking squeeze every formal words I've learned in that book! Duchess Dian looked at me, teary-eyed, then she nodded her head many times. She then looked at her child, "You should also thank this gentleman because he saved your life. If it weren't for him you'd probably be in danger already." She urged the child.

Iiling pa sana ako sa kaniya pero pagkatapos marinig ang sinabi ng kaniyang Ina, the child was convinced enough and stared at me. She bowed her head slightly, "Maraming Salamat po, Mahal na Prinsipe."

I also smiled slightly and nodded my head.

The Duchess then also thanked Kiyara for helping and spoke with my siblings. Al went to my side and suddenly touched my neck. Nagulat ako sa ginawa niya kaya hindi ko maiwasang mapatalon. Agad akong napatitig sa kaniya, "What are you doing?" I asked, with great concern because there are still people everywhere!