"He wasn't fully dead when I found him, he faked his death." I told them and my dad looked at JJ.

"Thank you for looking out for Olivia." He told JJ and I cleared my throat "We uh- we need to borrow your truck." I told him and looked to JJ then back to my dad.

My dad frowned and I sighed "It's very important... and I promise we'll bring it back in one piece."

"Okay... you can take it but promise me you'll be safe." My dad said and JJ grabbed my hand "I promise I'll protect her with all my life. And I just want you to know I love her so much." JJ said which made me smile softly.

"I believe that." He muttered and went to get his keys "Well that was easy." JJ said and I nodded.

We went to the garage and got all the extra stuff out of his truck and my dad came through the door.

"So what is the important reason for needing my truck?" My dad asked and I sighed "We got the Twinkie stuck while looking for treasure at the Angel Oak and need to pull it out." I told him and he frowned

"Treasure? You're looking for Denmark's cross? Cross of Santo Demingo?"

"You know it?" he nodded.

"I read the diary front to back. Lots of things you kids don't know... look if you guys ever need help, I'm here."

We all looked at each other.

"Big John, he was getting somewhere and he and Ward went head to head. I didn't care about the money, I just wanted the adventure, I thought you'd like the adventure too." My dad said and I smiled.

"I always knew you were different from my real father, I'm glad to call you mine." I told him pulling him into a tight hug.

"I'm glad to call you my daughter, I promised I'd always be there for you and your mother." He said and handed me the keys. "Drive safe."

"It's good to have you back Mr. Bradley." "JJ, you can call me Chris... you kids basically are family." He told him and Kiara which they nodded.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

We made our way to the Chateau and JJ sighed "This'll only take a sec. I think it's in the surf shack." JJ said and i frowned "You think?" "No. Yeah. It's in the surf shack. I'll be right back." JJ said closing the door and I nodded "Be right out." I heard him yell and then I heard him grunting and groaning, I saw he had fell on the ground which I rolled my eyes. "Tell me again why you love him?" Kie asked and I chuckled. "I'm okay!" JJ yelled out and I sighed.

I played with the bracelet and Kiara looked back "What's that?" She asked and I shrugged "It's just a bracelet. It's nothing." I told her and she frowned "Okay?" She honked the horn and got out to check JJ but he came out with his dad.

I frowned at Luke Maybank walking towards us "What the frick? No. Immediately, no... What is this?" "Just get in the truck." JJ said and I scoffed "Oh hell no, he's not getting in my dads truck." I said and Kiara nodded.

"I'm sorry. The Twinkie's drowning right now, JJ. What is the plan? What is this?" Kiara questioned and JJ sighed.

"Listen to me. Listen to me, okay? I need to get into the marina at the Island Club." JJ told us and I rolled my eyes.

"There's a boat there he can take. Liv, you got the sticker on your truck. Twenty minutes, that's all I need." "The Twinkie's gonna be a submarine in minutes." Kiara growled and JJ sighed in frustration.

"I know, Kie." "Leave him, and we can come back!" I yelled and he turned to me.

"The cops are after him!" He yelled and I scoffed.

"If I do this now, maybe I will never have to do it again." He said and I sighed then rolled my eyes.

JJ and Kiara both got in while JJ's dad got into the back of the truck sitting next to me and I frowned "Don't look at me." I growled and I looked at JJ through the mirror glaring at him.

He knows how much I hate his father and I know how much he loved him too, I'm doing everything in my power to not punch him in the face.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

"Hey, pull up to Home Food here. I'm gonna need provisions." Luke said and I rolled my eyes "I'd be happier if you starved to death." I muttered under my breath as JJ parked in front of the store and I stared out the window.

"Crackers and baked beans and tuna, all right? And some salt and pepper." He ordered and JJ nudged my arm from the window "Hey, it'll be okay." He told me and kissed my cheek.

"Five days' worth." Luke muttered and JJ sighed "I know." He said staring at my face trying to be calm and I nodded for him to go in.

Luke started drumming on seat which annoyed me and I sighed "You're a terrible father, you know that?" I said and he chuckled "Yeah, preach it to me. Set me straight." He told me and I scoffed.

"Do you have any idea how special your son is? Like, even a clue?" I asked and he smirked "He's a thief is what he is." Luke told me and Kiara frowned "What are you? You're just a wasted local salt who never did shit but get messed up and hustle people." Kiara said and I nodded.

"Not exactly impressive." I muttered and looked out the window to see JJ looking out from the window inside the store.

"You know, you sound just like your mama. She was just like that in high school. Always thought she was better than everybody else. Kook princess." Luke said and I knew Kiara didn't like to be called a Kook, neither did I.

"Your mama acted like that too when she met Chris. You know, I bet you're a lot like your mama. And you'll probably end up like yours... You two slumming with the bad boys. I've seen you around with that Cameron boy and that Russell boy." Luke said and I looked down at my fingers.

"Are you an ungrateful shit like she was? I bet you are. Miss Figure Eight, hopping up there on your high horse, riding around in daddy's car... You'll end up like him... dead." Luke said and suddenly Kiara brought her arm up and elbowed Luke right in the face.

Luke groaned in pain and I looked up at Kiara through the mirror and smirked at him. "Don't talk about our family. And if you talk to Liv again, I'll make sure you never talk again." Kie told him and I saw JJ come out of the store.

"Hey." He chirped then whistled, Kiara turned the truck on and JJ looked at me "You okay?" He asked and I nodded "Peachy." "Let's get this over with, yeah?" Kiara sighed then Kie made her way to the Marina.