~ one ring is all it takes ~

Start from the beginning

"Ghoongat kahan gaya?"

Umeed looked up only momentarily, a sheepish smile forming on her face, met with pure amusement in Farjaad's eyes. 

"Wo dupattay pe makeup lag raha tha, mene socha kharab ho jaye ga."

Farjaad nodded his head, his lower lip slightly pouting. He did not believe her.

"Achaa. Ab batayein, ijazat hai? Mein beth jaaon?"

"Beth jayein, agar aap ko bethnay ki jagah mil jaye to"

Farjaad's eyes moved around the circumference of the lehnga. She was right, there was no space on the bed for him. He could see the smirk forming on her lips. 

"Ye kya hai?"

"Aap ne hi to kaha tha, riwayati dulhanon ki tarah betho, to lein"

She casually shrugged. She was clearly enjoying this. 

Pushing the lehnga to a side, Farjaad finally made some room for himself to sit. 

"Ye lein, ye aap ke liye laaya tha"

He pulled out a red rose from behind his back and handed it to Umeed who smiled wide, before bringing it up to her nose and breathing it in. 

"Shukriya"

Farjaad leaned closer and Umeed's heart skipped a beat as his hot breath fanned over her face. His face inches away from hers, eyes searching hers. She observed his perfectly chiseled jawline, resisting the urge to run her hands over the neatly trimmed stubble. The smell of his cologne filled her nostrils, and she had to momentarily close her eyes to take it in. 

"Shadi Mubarak, Mrs. Farjaad Khan"

He whispered close to her ear, making her open her eyes again, seeing his face even closer to hers, his lips touching the side of her jaw. All she had to do was turn to face him, and their lips would meet. 

But wait. 

"Aisay kesay shadi mubarak"

She lightly pushed him away making Farjaad furrow his eyebrows. 

"Kya matlab aisay kesay?"

"Aap ne kya samajh liya hai mujhe, huh? Mera gift kahan hai?"

She extended her palm in front of him as she wiggled her eyebrows. 

"Gift bhi laana tha? Mujhe to kisi ne nahi bataya"

"Oh achaa, phir aap aik kaam karein, aap ja ke gift le ke aayein. Mein buhat thak gayi hoon, mein araam karnay lagi hoon"

"Bghair gift ke kaam nahi chalay ga?"

"Jee nahi, wo kya hai na ke RIWAYAT ke mutabiq, pehle munn dikhayi milti hai, phir ..."

She trailed off. The smirk on Farjaad's face grew deeper. 

"Phirrr....?"

And for the first time, throughout the day, he saw a blush creep over her face. She refused to meet his gaze. 

"Phir se aap ko matlab? Aap ke paas to gift hi nahi hai. Mein is liye ja rahi hoon change kar ke sonay, buhaat thak gayi hoon."

Umeed began to get up and run off the bed, but her speed in the heavy bridal outfit was no match for Farjaad's pace as he held her hand strongly in his, pulling her closer to him. Their noses brushed as he stared at her intently.