Close Your Eyes, Now Feel

Elena POV
Suddenly someone slammed into the side of me and took me down to the floor. It happened so quickly I didn't have time to open my eyes but I felt my body hit against the cold floor. I was quickly pinned to the ground and was about to start fighting them off when I heard them speak. "Stay down" a British voice whispered in my ear, my eyes flew open, "Hobie?" I asked shocked. We both turned our heads at the sound of another body dropping. Doc Oc laid sprawled on the floor in a pool of his blood that leaked from the wound the bullet had made in his chest. Dad always was a good shot, he never missed his intended target. But did that mean? I glanced up at Hobie my eyes suddenly misty with tears. He was silent with his face turned away from mine. I searched his face for any sign that would help me guess at what he was feeling. "Say something" I gasped softly but he continued to stay quiet.

He still had me pinned in place so I couldn't get up and I could feel his grip on my wrists was getting tighter. "Hobie?" I asked again moving my head to the side so I had a better view of his face. I saw a few tears fall and quickly get absorbed by his shirt. "I just... I just didn't think you'd be capable of something like that Spider- bite" he struggled to say while trying to choke down his sobs. Hobie finally met my gaze and the disappointment in his eyes was overwhelming. I looked down ashamed of my actions, I couldn't bare to look at his face. "Hobie?" I whispered still not daring to look at him. "Hm?" " was Miguel really gonna shoot me?" "No, we both knew what we had to do when you chose to join him. Your dad- or Miguel I guess, gave me a look before he shot and I just knew what I had to do".

Finally Hobie got up and offered me a hand to help me up. I rejected it and began to stand up myself when he rolled his eyes and grabbed my hand anyway, yanking me up off the floor. When he did he noticed the red marks his hands had left on my arm "I'm... sorry, I didn't know I was holding on so tightly" he remarked sheepishly. "It's alright" I responded, all I wanted to do at this point was to hail up in my room and be alone to think over everything that just happened. I began to walk away while Hobie watched me with a sad expression.

But when I walked by Miguel who was busy tapping on his arm gadget he reached out and grabbed my wrist, not looking up from his gadget. "Lila contact security please" he asked the AI, Lila popped up smiling and chipper as ever "I'm on it!" She chirped but her face became confused as soon as she surveyed the scene. "Wait, What's going on here?" She questioned severely, looking back at Miguel "who am I calling security for?". Miguel sighed "For Elena" he explained, the hurt in his tone was hard to miss "what?!" I snapped "you can't be serious!" "I have to Elena! You joined a villain and tried to aid his plan to destroy the multiverse!!" Dad retorted back angrily. "Lila! Security!" He ordered again, she looked at me with a shocked and apprehensive expression before turning away and announcing "security has been alerted that there is powered, potentially dangerous but non combative individual in the Med bay".

A digital array of pixels marked her departure. My sobs began to cut through the new silence that settled around us. Nobody made any attempt to comfort me though I felt both Miguel and Hobie's eyes on me, it served me right, I had no one but myself to blame. Miguel or..... Dad's hand still held my wrist which despite everything was oddly a little comforting. The sobs continued to rack my body making my legs buckle beneath me bringing me down to my knees. The hopeless feeling in my chest engulfing me completely.