Switching sides

Elena POV
It was the mad scientist who had gotten me into this mess in the first place! "What are you doing here?" I growled raising my fists ready to fight. Hobie and dad also both sprang into action assuming a strategical stance. "You've served your use to me, now get out!" the  scientist yelled at the nurse who quickly ran to the next room in hysterics. "Now to take care of you three" he looked at us with an evil smirk and pointed the gun in my face. "I'm warning you, I'm not as helpless as I used to be!" I shouted "I have powers now too!" "I know I gave them to you, you should be eternally grateful" the maniac cackled powering up his device. "You know since I gave you your powers made you would consider joining my team?" "Why would I ever join you?!" I snapped backing out of the direct blast radius. "Well you can't be too happy about being on the same team as someone who let your parents die" creepy dude suggested while looking over at dad with a devilish grin on his face. What was he talking about? My parents died because of bridge collapse in my dimension, dad found me after they died. "W-what do you mean?" I wavered glancing over at dad who was staring at me with his mouth wide open. "Oh did daddy not tell you?" The scientist continued "hm figures, can't let people find out he's actually the bad guy" he rolled his eyes than continued with his story "your parents were the unfortunate casualties of a 'cannon even' as serious spidey over there calls them. However, what he didn't mention is that he had the full ability to save them, it would've been quite easy in fact. But he chose to sit by and watch them perish by drowning in the icy debts and then he had the audacity to take their orphaned child and claim her as his own". I stared at dad with angry tears building in my eyes , searching his face for an explanation "is this true?!" I demanded hoping against hope it was a all lie, a trick, anything just to make me doubt. "mija....I wanted to tell you but I was afraid you wouldn't be able to take it" he gasped. "Wouldn't be able to take it!!" I shouted tears streaming down my face "HOW COULD YOU!! HOW COULD YOU LET THEM DIE" "I had to nena! It was a cannon event! You know what happens if they are disrupted!!", "ya everyone dies- just like your other daughter, you know the one who you failed to protect so now you spend your whole life controlling me!!! Is that all I am to you? A second attempt? Well guess WHAT! You failed with me too!! I've experienced HURT and BETRAYAL!! I lost my whole family thanks to the one person I thought was my family." He looked so hurt once my words had stopped, I knew I'd gone too far. Even Hobie looked surprised I was capable of saying something like that, but I didn't care. I wanted him to feel how I felt, I wanted him to be in pain. I turned to the scientist "the offer to join you still good?" I questioned him "but of course" "great, let's go fuck up some shit" I put forth walking over to him. "Elena no!" "How could you!" A chorus of protests exploded forward from Hobie and Da- Miguel. He's not my dad anymore..... if he ever was. "By the way I never did get your name" "oh how rude of me" he smiled putting out his hand for me to shake "my name is Otto Octavius, but you can call me Doc Oc"