"Happy anniversary".

That was not what Soro had expected. Maybe a challenge, or a playful threat that he was going to find him. The two words made him jolt and the branch underfoot snapped. For a second he fell maybe a foot or two before his threads caught him and created a web under his legs. It should have been fine if a stray limb had not caught his glasses and knocked them off his face. The tree around him became blurry as the spectacles bounced their merry way down the tree and clattered down the roof of the village hall. Soro sighed slowly as he watched them land on the ground.

They had been playing this game long enough that he was bound to slip up eventually, but why did it have to be today? He blamed the events of the recent days for knocking him off balance. He was being clumsy and he didn't have his pack with his spare pair of glasses in it. That was back in Kingo's jet. Accepting his fate, he pulled out his phone and texted Sersi that he was caught up in something and would find them tomorrow, also for them to look after his bag for him. He was just tucking it back into his pocket when there was a thud of boots on the roof. 

Soro blinked through the branches, still high up enough that he was mostly hidden, as a familiar figure sat down on the tarp covered wood. Druig hadn't changed at all. His trousers were a black that had faded to grey and his sleeveless tshirt was a paler shade. His blue eyes was peering up into the tree calmly. He was far away enough for Soro to see him, but the branches closest of him were blurry. If he tried to climb down, even with his threads, there was a high chance he would fall. That would just be undignified. 

"You know I planted that tree", Druig remarked. His smile was teasing but hesitant. "About four hundred years ago now". He waved Soro's glasses, turning the black and silver frames around in his hands. "You dropped these. They seem new. Did you finally allow Phastos to make you an upgraded pair?"

Soro didn't answer. Druig glanced down at the glasses. "You know", his voice was softer now. No cockiness or teasing notes. It was honest and Soro listened, arms tucked around himself as he hung in a web of golden threads in the tree. "I have had a lot of time to think about the last time we talked. Maybe I should have gone about it a different way, talked to you more. I missed you". Druig stood up and made his way across the roof towards the tree. Once he reached the trunk, he peered up into the branches and Soro found himself meeting blue eyes. Druig's smile spread across his face like the sun from behind a cloud. 

"Found you. I guess I win this round". 

Soro was tired of hiding from his husband. Yes he was still hurt and he had no idea what to say, or how to fix this. But it had been five hundred years and if Sersi could talk to Ikaris sort of civilly, he could talk to Druig. There was also a bloom of hope in his chest. It sounded like Druig wanted to try things again too. With that in mind, he peered down, hair falling around his face. "Can I have my glasses back?"

"I don't know. Will you run away again?" Druig's tone as fond. 

"Can't exactly do that when I can't get out of the tree first". 

"Exactly". 

"Druig", Soro sighed, irritated despite warming at the familiar conversation. "I'm stuck. It's hard to climb when you can't see anything within five feet of you". 

"Jump", Druig grinned as he held out his arms. "I'll catch you". 

Soro knew that the Eternal could. They were all supernaturally stronger than their human forms suggested. Sprite could pick up Gilgamesh with no trouble. Sure, they couldn't bend steel bars (That was a Gilgamesh only trick) but they were ten times stronger than average human. Druig could catch him easily. So Soro sighed and tipped himself out of his nest of thread. The branches tugging at his clothes and hair as he dropped. Druig caught him smoothly under the arms and Soro blinked at the man's blurry face as he hung there like a cat. 

"I think you dropped this". The blue eyed man grinned as he set on Soro's feet on the roof and took his hand. Soro felt him place the glasses on his palm and closed his fingers around them. For a second he just stood there, Druig still holding his closed hand in his, second hand resting on his shoulder. 

Soro sighed and leaned forwards to press his face into the other man's shoulder. "I missed you too. And if you ever leave me like that again, I am never talking to you. I won't even bring you food. It will be over, you hear me?" The words came out muffled as his tears began to soak the light grey fabric. 

Druig chuckled lightly and wrapped him close. His arms warm and strong as Soro let himself be held like he was precious and fragile. No one else ever held him like that and it made him feel like he was coming apart at the seams. "I won't do that again. I promise. My darling, darling Soro". 

unedited 

yay they reunited. Soro not wanting to talk to Druig for five hundred years, but still leaving him food every anniversary makes my heart hurt. His love language is sharing food and gift giving.