Chapter 7

Barbara stood frozen in her place not knowing what to say.

Just play it cool she thought.

"No I just happen to find it on the ground and I-

"Really because I don't believe you" Dick smirked. "It's okay I'm sure it's pretty-

"Barbie! Just the person I was looking for" said Andy coming from the end of the hallway.

Barbie? Since when does Andy call me that wondered Barbara. "Hey Andy what's up?"

"Come I want to show you something?" Andy said as he dragged Barbara way.

In class

"Barbie?"

"What kind of name is that? I am sure it's pretty but I mean who's he to call her that? Her boyfriend?" Dick told Harris "I don't know Dick, remember our theory that Mandy might be you know who"

The both looked over and Mandy have a little wave and blew a kiss

"Okay she's definitely into you" said Harris.

"You know since this is cooking class then maybe you should have made something that you could eat" said Dick.

"You can eat this, it's a combination of my two favorite things soup and licorice" said Harris.

Dick gets a signal from Batman from his phone. I need to get out of here he thought.

"Mr. Burk I'm not feeling so well"

"Would you like to go home Mr. Grayson"

Cough cough "Yes please"

"Well you're not going to, you've been sliding out of here with barely believable excuses for months" answered Mr. Burk.

Dick went back to this seat and soon Mr. Burk came around taste testing and giving everyone a grade. Soon he came over to Harris and Dick.

"Well you said be creative"

"Yes but we're not making rat poison are we? You get an F for the assignment and an A for what were you thinking?"

"Wait you can't give him an F without tasting it"

"You want to try it Mr. Grayson?" asked Mr. Burk.

Suddenly Dick got an idea, "I sure do!"

-

"Okay you can open your eyes" said Andy.

Barbara looked in awe at a shiny necklace and a bouquet of roses, "Andy wow, I can take this. This is too much -"

"No I want you to have it. It's a present for you. Barbara I feel like we're a lot a like you know. You're the only one who knows me secret. My bother told me to not trust anyone but I trust you".

"And that's what basically happened red" Barbara said as she laid in her bed, "Pam I know you like him so I feel bad and at the same time I did have feelings but when he left you know. . . things changed between us".

"So now you have a crush on Dick" said Pamela. "That is who you are taking to prom right? Isn't that you wanted?"

"What no I never said that! I mean his low-key annoying but cute. I mean. . ."

"Pamala. Take out the trash. Pamala. Trash now. Who are you talking to? I swear it better not be a boy-"

"Yikes" said Barbara.

"Yeah I better go before she explodes. See ya red".

Barbara picked up a picture from her nightstand. I miss you dad.

She grabbed her phone and texted Pamela, I'll just text Daphne and Betsy if they want to tag along with us. Her phone buzzed Pamela responded with a thumbs up emoji.

I wish you were here she thought and drifted off to sleep.

A picture of Batman was placed on a dart board.

"We're not doing it for the money. We're doing it for them"

"Why bother? I don't even remember them"

"They'd be proud of you. They'd be proud of us both for taking down Batman. He's everything they hated".

"Did you get close to them like I asked?"

"Yes I did but again I see no point in this". He said as he turned around and left. How can I tell you that Barbara and Batgirl are the same person?