He often went to seek him to hang out with him and he loved being around him since to him, he felt safe.

And despite both came from different mothers, they still treated each other like brothers.

And around his childhood, he was engaged with Penelope Judith, the eldest daughter of the Count Judith.

Since Claude was destined to live the life was Duke or Archduke, whatever the Emperor decided for him.

Penelope promised to be by his side as she was his first love.

But then misfortunes happened.

Anastacius suddenly became hostile and antagonistic towards Claude due to him being more talented in intellect and magic as causing their brotherly relationship to be destroyed.

Due to Claude's talented and his powerful magic as the Obelian Imperial member, he begun to be treated as Prince and giving the proper, lavish and almost military clothing but still try to relink with Anastacius despite he was sarcastic and cruel ...

Due to Claude's talented and his powerful magic as the Obelian Imperial member, he begun to be treated as Prince and giving the proper, lavish and almost military clothing but still try to relink with Anastacius despite he was sarcastic and cruel to him.

No matter how he just wanted him to be his brother again, Anastacius rejected it out of jealousy and anger.

Especially when he wasn't even engaged yet while Claude was engaged with Penelope.

Not only his relationship with Anastacius got worsen.

Penelope as growing up, she became ambitious and power hungry as she didn't want to live the life as mere duchess and married with Claude who didn't have connections with the throne.

Because of that, she asked her father to break the engagement with Claude as she went far to establish an advantageous relationship.

Which she seduced Anastacius.

The Official Crown Prince to the throne as they both slept together

And Claude catched them in bed.

Because he didn't want to suffer more humiliation and betrayals, he officially cut off the blood ties between him and Anastacius.

As Penelope wanted, the engagement between her and Claude was annulled.