CHAPTER 26 | Asambe

EMIHLE

I take his hand and lead him out of the house. He holds my hand my tighter and I can feel how angry and tense he is. I don’t know what I can say right now to not try and calm him down. They should have stayed away from him, they shouldn’t came here at all. His mother knows what kind of person her son is but as always, she does and says what she wants. She didn’t expect Hlanga to cut her off and call her his aunt because she has always been a mother to him and I saw how hurt she was when she said that. I don’t blame him though because she brought it into herself. I don’t feel sorry for her at all and I just hope she stays the hell away from us this time.

I hope I’ll never choose for my son who he must love. No, I know for a fact I will never do that, no matter what. We walk to the backyard away from the house then I sit him down under the shade. He takes a deep breath then massages his temple.

“I’m sorry I stopped you from saying everything you wanted to say to them” I sign
“If you didn’t do that, I would have strangled her for sure”
“This must be hard for you, you don’t need this kind of stress especially now”
“And you didn’t too, she hurt you amore and I don’t forgive anyone who hurts you. Ever”  

He shifts, faces me then pulls me to his chest. I lay my head on it and sigh.
“I meant every word I said to her, to them. They are dead to me and they will see it”
“It’s a shame that your brother and uBab’ Motha are caught in this” I look at him.
“He failed to talk some sense into his wife’s head after I begged them nicely. He’ll always be a father to me but right now amore, I also need him to stay away from us” he signs back.
“I understand.”

“Thank you for being here, I don’t know what I would have done if you weren’t here”
“I’m always going to support you in everything you do. I’m not going anywhere, you’re stuck with me” He grins then we laugh.
“I love you amore, very much”
“Of course you do, phela I’m easy to love” he laughs.
“That’s true and you make a man want to lock you up in the house and never let you out because I don’t want anyone looking at my beautiful and sexy woman”
I grin. “Lock me up? Really caveman?” I sign, he laughs.

“I miss hearing your voice, maybe we should go see a speech therapist?” I shake my head, he frowns. “You don’t want to see one?”
I smile. “I don’t because my voice is back”
“Mio Amore”  I laugh then he shuts me up with a very hot kiss. He doesn’t care that there are people who are probably watching us.

Someone clears their throat, our lips separate and we shift.
“Sorry to disturb you too love birds but it’s time to go to the mortuary” Linda says smiling.
“Did they leave?” he nods.
“Linda….” He’s surprised that I said his name. “ I got my voice back but don’t tell the others. I wanted to say I’m sorry…”

“No Emy, what my mom did was very wrong and I’m sorry. I hope this time she will learn her lesson and know that it’s not okay to treat people the way she treated you. My sisters too like meddling in our lives by listening to my mother and I warned them but they also don’t want to listen.” He shakes his head.
So they haven’t been on Hlanga’s business only but with his brother too. I shake my head. I wonder if  their sisters they are in any relationships.
“Amore, I’ll see you later okay?” I nod then we get up and head to the house.

The smoke keeps getting in my eyes making me cry. Zonke and Lauren laugh at me, I’m glad Zonke is feeling a little better today although tomorrow it might be a different day since it is the day they will be laid to rest. I was helping outside the women who cooking the tripe in the fire when Those two walked in on me stirring the pot with this huge wooden fork. They have been sitting here, watching me and drinking alcohol obviously cause they are giggling a lot. Zonke leaves then comes back after while.