✨ Lightblox ✨

Start from the beginning

      Traffic put her down and gave her a gentle pat on top of the head. "Ya be good for Ghosdeeri, okay? No tryna fly without her watching, got it?" Traffic ordered. The pout that he got was adorable and also the confirmation he needed.

      Grinning, he crouched down for one last hug, "See ya, little bug." Lightblox whined and gripped onto him, not wanting to let go. However, Traffic peeled her off and gave her one last pat goodbye.

      As Traffic reached the door, he turned around as he forgot one thing. Tilting his head up, he yelled into the library, "SEE YA GHOSDEERI!"

      He quickly left before Ghosdeeri had the chance to race over and give him an earful for screaming in her library. Lightblox giggled as she watched Ghosdeeri enter and look around for Traffic so she can tell him off for yelling. However, all she found was a cute little demon.

      Sighing, Ghosdeeri let it go and walked over to Lightblox. Lightblox knew what was coming and prepared for it. "Now that it is just us two, how about some friendly reading to pass the time and brighten your mind?" Ghosdeeri offered.

      Lightblox lightly kicked her feet, not liking that idea. She looked up at Ghosdeeri with those guilt tripping eyes. "Could we maybe go outside? Please? I'll be extra careful!" she pleaded. Ghosdeeri sighed and shook her head, "I am sorry, little one. You have health issues and I do not want to risk getting you sick."

      The little sad whine and sad look Ghosdeeri got nearly shattered her exposed heart right there and then. However, she stayed strong, "Reading is just as fun! Words being turned into pictures in your head, the knowledge you get from each page! What could be better?"

      Lightblox grimaced and mumbled her answer just enough for Ghosdeeri to hear, "Going outside to play for once..." That made Ghosdeeri cringe inside. Lightblox used to love reading! Perhaps those times were just Lightblox pretending.

      Even if Ghosdeeri wanted to, she could not allow that with Lightblox being such a high sick risk. "I'm sorry. It's for you own-" Ghosdeeri was cut off as a customer walked in, the bell above the door alerting her. Patting Lightblox's shoulder, she assured her again, "Do not worry, these next two weeks will be fun! Now, go and pick out something to read. You can use my comfy chair."

      Ghosdeeri shooed Lightblox on as she walked over to the customer and greeted them. Lightblox was just about to go and find a boring book to read when she noticed that Ghosdeeri was distracted. The front door was unlocked and nothing but that little bell was in the way. Perhaps she was skinny enough to squeeze through the door without alerting Ghosdeeri?

      That was a genius idea in Lightblox's mind. Maybe Ghosdeeri wouldn't even know she went out for a bit. Making sure Ghosdeeri was distracted, Lightblox snuck over to the door and began to go full on spy mission mode.

      Lightblox reached up for the handle and began to try and pull. However, the door was heavy and she had little noodle arms. She couldn't just swing it open and hit the bell. That would defeat the purpose of being sneaky.

      However, she couldn't even get it open. It was like Ghosdeeri made this with pure metal just for something like this. Lightblox was losing time. If she gets caught, Ghosdeeri is going to put her in timeout. Maybe she will even call her brother!

      Just as Lightblox was about to risk it and pull with all her might, she quickly stepped out of the way as a demon walked inside. They looked down at Lightblox and apologized. They then held the door open for Lightblox to leave. Well, it wasn't exactly the plan but it worked.