🗡 Sword Meets Rocket 🚀

Requested by; N/A

Reread (for errors); YES

i thought this would be good for my first oneshot on here! i also had no other idea.. .

<><><><><><>

      Sword slurped down the broth of his meal and licked his lips. He was currently visiting Crossroads after a long week of his mentor terrorising him and pushing him to his limits. It felt good to have a hot meal instead of some bland rice he would boil at home.

      The waiter handed him the bill and looked over all the licked clean plates. They held back a chuckle, "You sure were hungry. I'm guessing you missed breakfast."

      Sword nodded as he wiped his face with a napkin and placed his empty plates on top of one another, "Took me all morning to get here so I was ready for some lunch." The waiter nodded and took the dishes to get them washed.

      Sword picked up his bill and looked over it. He had went a bit overboard and the price showed it. Sword bit his lip. He had the money, but he didn't expect to spend it all on one meal.

      Taking out his bux, he was ready to give it to the waiter when they placed down a steaming bowl of dumplings with some chopsticks ready to be used.

      "Hey, I don't think I ordered-" Sword was cut off as the waiter took the money. "Told the chef that you were starving and licking clean her plates. Lick that clean too and it's on the house," the waiter winked and went to go get his change.

      Sword looked down at the still steaming dumplings and grinned. He picked up the chopsticks and went to work on finishing the bowl. He couldn't remember the last time he had a meal this good.

      As Sword continued his meal, a group of young demons came walking in. Sword just ignored them as he was in favor of eating his delicous meal. They were a bit too loud and Sword had nothing better to do, so he listened in.

      "You owe me, Skateboard! Besides, I have no bux on me," one spoke. "The only reason you're always broke is because you always spend it on the arcade or on shoes," another argued back.

      "Besides, ask Rocket for some! I paid my debt when you used me as a scapegoat after you stole some kid's baseball shoes!" the same voice kept on arguing.

      A new voice chimed in, "My dad gave me enough for myself!" The first voice started to beg, "Please, Rocket! I promise to pay you back!"

      There was some silent, aside from the faint begging, before there was a heavy sigh. "Fine, but I'm going home! You better keep your promise," whoever they were, they clearly weren't happy.

      Sword found it best to just ignore it and continue eating. Before he could shove another fat dumpling in his mouth, a demon with cat like horns slammed their hands on his table. Sword quickly grabbed his bowl and pulled it towards himself.

      "Hey! You! Mind if my phriend has some of that so he doesn't leave hungry?" they spoke with confidence. Sword was lost for words, he could barely sputter. A demon with robot limbs pulled them away harshly, "Slingshot! Quit being stupid and go get some food!"

      The demon, Slingshot, whined and huffed, "I was only trying to help..." They walked away and Sword's savior stepped forward.