013. ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴜᴘ

Start from the beginning

He laughed before realizing she actually wasn't joking. He kept silent for a moment. "Are we really about to have the ex talk?"

Val tilted her head up more to look at him. "Yes." She crossed her arms. If he was bold enough to bring up a relationship agreement than he can be brave enough to do this.

She admired his body as he moved his arms to lay on the back of the couch. "You know I almost proposed to someone once."

That caught her off guard. Since the day she met Oakley he had sworn off love, obviously before he hopped into a relationship with her. But it took her awhile to break down his walls before she could finally reach his heart. He didn't just give it to anybody.

The confused look on her face made him nod. "Yeah, I'm not going to tell you her name cause shes irrelevant. I met her in London at one of my shows. She wasn't like most of the girls there, she looked presentable."

Val snorted on accident. "Sorry, continue."

He laughed before carrying on. "Anyways, after my show I had a little meet and greet or whatever. She walked up with her friend, who seemed more excited to see me. That's what caught my attention, the girl didn't like me."

"Trying to be mysterious."

"Yeah," he chuckled. "That's exactly what she was trying to do. Turns out she was obsessed. Not with me but the money I was earning. I should've saw it coming. The first date she asked me if I could buy her these nice earrings."

"Red flag." Val cut in.

A hand enclosed over her mouth. "Shush." Oakley scolded with a smile on his face. His eyes looking at her with nothing but love.

"As time went on she kept asking for more stuff and would get mad at me if I didn't buy her it. Talking about 'didn't love her' or some shit. She really drained me. Financially, emotionally."

Val's eyes softened and she placed a light kiss on the palm of his hand that was still covering her mouth. Nobody should be treated like that. Especially not this man in front of her, who was sweet and kind person.

"I learned my lesson with her. Every girlfriend after that I gave them the agreement. Most shut me down but some did sign it."

Their eyes hadn't left each other once. He noticed how her eyes creased in worry for him.

"I shouldn't have brought up that stupid agreement with you."

Removing his hand from her lips she sat up fully. She had to turn her head to the left to face him. Hair falling over her shoulder as she tilted her head.

She brought his hand to her jaw allowing him to caress her face. "It's okay, I get why you did it. But I'm not signing that."

"I know. You shouldn't have to."

Her eyes admired all around his face. To the tattoo above his eyebrow all the way to his pretty eyes. She finally reached her favorite feature about him; his lips.

Looking back up to make sure he was okay with it. She giggled as he puckered his lips jokingly for her. Her thumb moving to play with the bottom one for a second. She wasn't going to kiss him first, he should do it.