𝟶𝟷 | 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚄n𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚗

Começar do início

One thing that never changed about her though was her insatiable desire for knowledge, and despite being 17 Leonora was exceeding expectations with her intelligence for a teenager in 1987 and she knew it too. She could recite her heart out to Organic Chemistry, thermodynamics or quantum physics to a microscopic scale detail. She believed if she couldn't go for a walk she might as well read about it. Unfortunately for Leonora her physical outer-appearance altered greatly; her face had gotten deathly pale, her cheekbones hollowing in and died out lips with no moisture to soothe the cracking skin.  Her body figure had slimmed down to an alarming condition for Leonora had a fear that if she ate too big foods it would get stuck and cause greater breathing issues resulting in her death.  Leonora simply became a shell in her own illed body. 

【--------------】

Leonora awoke from her restless night to her father changing out her tubes and piling her books atop one another. "Father." Leonora gently called him over. "Am I going to die?" ... Marco looked at his daughter with a great sadness on his features. "My little Nora, you will have to bury me before I let you die before me." He gently said while stroking her hair, despite Marco never being a mentally present father he still deeply cared for his little girl, as she was, and always will be the legacy to his late love Beatrice Matisse. Hearing his daughter be so willing to die greatly pains him and causes a physical devastation in himself, that he wasn't able to save her. The sheer loss of hope and light in her eyes brought great determination to continue his studies, to continue to decay in his lab until he makes his little girl shine again. He would do anything.

Marco Malakai Mattis was many things, he was arrogant and self-absorbed, believing in himself too much to avoid asking for assistance, but stupid was not one of them. Marco was born on the west side of Italy located near the Amalfi Coast, growing up Marco was often surrounded by children who wanted to live in the moment and 'do now- think later'. Whereas Marco himself was a planner, he knew what he wanted to do in a set given order. By 17 Marco has sustained a well paying job amongst high contractors for science divisions due to his abilities within the scientific department; especially physics. By 21 he had a secure placement as a scientist at a lab specialising in 'discovering the beyond' - Space.
At 24 Marco believed he had done it all, he was happily married to his old childhood neighbour Beatrice with an extravagant honeymoon in New Zealand, and a happy home that included an extended underground lab to further investigate his studies when not at work. Marco had it all.

But Marco's luck had ran out on January 7th 1971 following an unexpected labour leading to the death of his darling Beatrice and an overwhelming sensation of longing. He always thought that childbirth was a natures gift, a beautiful process to welcome a new life inviting tears of joy and well made memories. But for Marco he only saw it as an ending of his happily ever after, the sudden plot twist in the happy main character. He saw it as a life for a life. He believed it to be unfair how others got to celebrate the happy arrival of their newborns but he had to mourn the death of his wife, possibly the baby is the grim reaper in disguise as a 'blessing'. Marco Matisse believed labour to be a Bad Omen.

Marco, after putting his daughter to another restless sleep, ran to his underground lab, his white coat blowing behind him in the wind with glasses bouncing to sync with his giant hurried steps upon his nose. After entering the lab he rushed to continue his experiment with kinetic energy, he believed that if he used the magnetic field force of a large copper wire will gyrate the electrons and generate a rotating magnetic field all over the wire both counter clock-wise and ant-clockwise, thus - generating electricity and creating kinetic energy. He was correct.  Marco proceeded to convert the energy to millions of small singular sub-atomic particles to create cosmic neutron particles.