Rafe laughed. "Yeah that's way better".

Anastasia rolled her eyes and let out a sigh. Out of frustration she stood up and walked over to the wall high windows, glancing outside. Tannyhill was beautiful. Lush green everywhere. A pool right in the backyard. Anastasia would never admit it, but this was the dream of a house. Her dream.

"I guessed you'd like Tannyhill". His voice was a murmur from behind. Anastasia resisted a gasp escaping her lips.
He was so close. Too close. Not close enough.

Without wanting to, Anastasia turned around and faced Rafe. Their eyes met. His face was way too close to her.
"I still know you, Anastasia".

Anastasia scoffed and walked backwards. She was too close for too long already.
"You don't".

"- I do".

"Not anymore". She spat and took a deep breath. This man was getting on her nerves. Once again.

Rafe Cameron had this atmosphere around him. He carried it everywhere. Like a big magnet he'd always use to pull Anastasia back in. But now she wouldn't let that happen. Never again.

His blue eyes scanned her entire body once again. Nothing changed, he realized, except that his hands weren't touching her skin. He wasn't even close to her at all. Suddenly it felt like an ocean was keeping Anastasia away from him.

Before Rafe was able to answer, he heard footsteps and walked over to Anastasia.
His hand touched her lower back and suddenly Anastasia didn't even hear Ward ask what they'd been up to.
She didn't hear Rafes answer.
"I was just telling Anastasia about Kelces party tonight".

His touch. He was touching her. His big hand on her skin. Everything was feeling dizzy. Spinning.

"Anastasia said she wanted to come". Rafe addressed to Anastasia and she finally snapped back into reality.

He did not just do that. Anastasia wanted to roll her eyes until they'd get stuck in her skull and she'd never have to look at this asshole.

Ward and Freddy looked at Anastasia, eagerly wanting for an answer.
Anastasia swallowed her pride and answered with another fake smile:"Oh yeah I'd love to, Rafe".

"Great". Rafe smiled. Superior. Time to crush that, Anastasia thought and her lips curled up into a smile. Rafe could tell this time she wasn't faking it.

"I'll bring my friends".

For the fracture of a second Rafe let his mask fall. His jaw clenched. He suppressed an eye roll. Of course she had to bring her filthy pogue friends.
Ward couldn't even tell what Rafe really felt. Only Anastasia could. She read him like a book - one that used to be her favorite. She had been spending her entire last summer with him; admiring his face and plenty of his other features -

"The more the better, right". Rafe forced himself to say, making Anastasia's smirk grow. Ward decided to show Freddy their porch and backyard.

Rafe and Anastasia were once again alone.
Staring into each others eyes.
Together with that grin of hers made Rafe weak in his knees.

"I'll need your phone number". Rafe murmured. "To send you the info".

"I actually feel flattered, that you changed your number last year just because of me".
Anastasia's smirk dropped and she looked him dead in the eye. Asshole.

She rolled her hazel eyes, while namedropping with their iPhones. But that eye roll reminded Rafe of something entirely different.
Of time that they spent together. Last summer. In their beds, cars, bathrooms -