"Tu.. Tum isko seriously mat lo.. kuch bhi bolta rehta hai yeh", Asfand said while rubbing the back of his neck, trying hard to conceal the embarrassment on his face.

"Ok", Zubia muttered while trying to control her laughter.

Eventually, the couple had their lunch, and it was time for the rukhsati. While Zubia was in the hotel room to get her makeup re-touched and give a final check to the bags that she had to take back to Neelum Valley with her, Sheema walked into the room.

"Zubiya, Kya tumhaare pass do minute hai? Kuch.. Kuch baat karni thi.", Sheema said.

"Jee bhabhi, kahiye..", Zubia said in a neutral tone. Just for a second, she felt uneasy, as the previous interactions that she had with her bhabhi, flashed in front of her eyes. However, she managed to compose herself when she remembered the conversation that she had had with Asfandyar before she had flown down to Karachi. "Tum kuch ghalat nahi kar rahi ho, Zubia", his words played out in her head.

"Darasal Zubia.. Main tumse maafi maangna chahti hoon. Sachchai toh yeh hai ke main paison ke laalach mein andhi ho gayi thi, aur tumse pata nahi kyun jalti thi. Shayad mein Abbi ke bure salook ka ghussa tum par utaarti rahi, aur voh bilkul ghalat hai. Bhabhi toh kai logon ke liye doosri maa ki tarah hoti hai, aur main chahti toh tumhe voh pyaar de sakti thi, jiski tumhe Ammi ke jaane ke baad, bohot zaroorat thi, par maine aisa nahi kiya. Shayaad main issi ghalati ka azaala aaj tak kar rahi hoon, aur marte dum tak karti rahoongi. Inn do salon ne mujhe bohot se sabak sikhaye hai, jo mujhe bohot pehle seekh Jaane chahiye the. Mujhe pata hai ke Shayad tum mujhe maaf na kar pao, par mera tumse maafi maangna laazmi hai." Sheema said, unable to look Zubia in the eye.

"Bhabhi.. Aapko apni ghalatiyon ka ehsaas ho gaya hai, yahi mere liye bohot hai. Maaf toh maine aapko bohot pehle kar diya tha, bas kayi salon se unn taqleefdeh waqiyaaton ko bhoolne ki koshish kar rahi hoon. Meri zindagi ki ek nayi qisht ka aghaaz hone jaa raha hai, aur main yeh nayi shuruvaat, puraani baaton ko bhula kar karna chahungi. Sach kahun toh filhaal mujhe nahi pata ke main aap dono se yeh rishta, kaise,aur kis hadd tak nibhaa paaungi. Mujhe bas itna pata hai ke main koshish zaroor karungi aur main dua karoongi ke aap dono ko bhi apni khushi aur sakoon dobaara mil jaye". Zubia said.

"Shukriya, Zubia. Yeh lo, tumhaari amaanat.", Sheema said while handing a jewellery box to Zubia. It had Zubia's mothers jewellery in it.

"Nahin bhabhi, mujhe yeh zevar nahi chahiye. " Zubia said.

"Rakh lo, Mere aise ravaiyye ke baad, inn par mera koi Haq nahi hai, aur yeh Ammi ki nishaani bhi toh hai. Mere liye nahi, par Ammi ke liye tum yeh rakh rahi ho, bas." Sheema said and handed the box to Zubia once again. After giving it some thought, Zubia nodded in agreement.

It was now time for the Rukhsati and everyone had gathered near the stage. Zubia hugged her Khala Ammi tight and cried her heart out. This was a bittersweet moment for Zubia. She was finally married to Asfandyar, the love of her life and was officially stepping away from all the toxicity and starting a new life with the people who had taught her the real meaning of family. All of this felt like a dream, because for the longest time, she had thought she didn't deserve any of this and would never get it. At the same time, she really missed her parents. Her mom, who had been her pillar of support and her safe haven from the beginning, and her dad, who had embraced death as a punishment for all the sins that he had committed when he was alive. Though her dad had pained her for most of her life, he happened to support her and stand by her when she really needed someone to do it. She had grown to become really attached to him and wished he was here to witness her putting an end to what was one of his biggest worries in his last days.

Khala Ammi walked with a sobbing Zubia to the place where Asfandyar was standing. He was really excited to start this new chapter of his life with Zubia, but he knew this moment was a sensitive one for all brides and more so for his bride. He could imagine the bittersweet feelings that she was feeling at that point and most of all, seeing her sob like that, made him feel a piercing pain in his heart. Almost instinctively, his hand reached out for hers and he intertwined their fingers re-assuringly. Just then, Rehan walked upto Asfandyar and spoke.

"Asfandyar, tumse kahoon, toh kya kahoon? Mera toh koi haq nahi pohonchta tumhe koi nasihat dene ka. Main toh sirf tumhaara shukriya hee ada kar sakta hoon, ke tum tab meri behen ke muhaafiz bane, jab maine usse muh pher liya tha. Mujhe poora yaqeen hai ke tum uski hifaazat karte raho gey. Allah tum dono ko khush rakhe!"

"Rehaan bhai, Aap mere bade hai, please yeh sab naa kahein. Aur rahi baat muhaafiz banne ki, toh maine iss baare mein bohot socha hai, mujhe lagta hai ki Zubia tini laayak aur baahimmat ladki hai, ke voh khud hee apni hifaazat kar sakti hai, main toh bass uska saath dena chahta hoon, aur voh main poori tarah doonga!", Asfandyar said.

The families bid their adieus to each other and the Khan's headed to the airport, to catch their flight to Islamabad.

-----X-----X--------

Hey guys!

The new chapter is up, and the wait was shorter this time round! Hope you guys enjoy the chapter!

Looking forward to seeing your votes and thoughts about the chapter in the comments!

Lots of love 

xx