Chapter 6

"Chalo bhai, Rasm shuru karein?", Usman asked Lubna while setting up the Skype call with Rehan and placing the Laptop on the table so that Rehan could see the ceremony clearly.

"Haan bilkul!" Lubna said while handing the ring box to Asfand and gesturing him to go ahead.

Asfand took the ring in his hands. It was a platinum ring with a diamond in the middle. He looked at the ring, smiled lightly and and gestured Zubia to give him her hand. She moved her hand towards him. He held her hand and slid the ring into her ring finger. Just as he was doing that, Zubia felt current passing through her body, she was feeling nervous, happy, just a lot of emotions, all at once. Her hand shivered slightly as he slipped the ring into her finger. He noticed her hand shiver and quickly held her palm firmly. "Main hoon tumhaare saath", he whispered and she smiled.

"Chalo Zubia, ab tumhaari baari", Khala ammi said while handing Zubia the ring box. Asfands ring was a plain platinum band. Neither of their rings were too flashy. They were elegant. Zubia took his hand in hers and slid it into his ring finger. Asfand smiled ear to ear while he looked at the ring and then at his to-be-wife.

"Mama, Yeh kya ho raha hai? Zubia aunty aur Asfi chachu kya kar rahe hai?", Saim asked innocently while tugging to Gaiti's dupatta. Gaiti tried hard to control her laughter at her son's question.

"Beta, ab Zubia ko tum aunty nahi chachi kaho", Gaiti said, grinning.

"Chachi?! Mama, Aunty achanak se chachi káise ho gayi?", Saim asked, confused.

"Beta, Tumhaare Asfi chachu ko Zubia aunty inti pasand aa gayi ki unhone Zubia aunty ko tumhaari chachi bana liya. Ab kuch din baad Chachu-chachi ki shaadi ho jayegi, phir Zubia chachi humare ghar par rahengi, humaare saath" Gaiti explained to Saim.

"Shaadi? jaise aapki aur Baba ki hui thi? Baba aapse bahut pyaar karte the na, Mama?" Saim asked while he smiled at Gaiti.

"Jee beta", Gaiti said.

"Mama, toh kya Asfi chachu bhi Zubia chachi se pyaar karte hai?" Saim questioned again.

"Jee, bilkul beta." Gaiti said while she smirked at Asfand and Zubia who were turning red in embarrassment.

"Asfi Chachu ,Mujhe bhi Zubia chachi bahut achchi lagti hai!", Saim said while he ran across to Zubia and kissed her cheek. Zubia gave him a wide smile and pulled him in for a hug. Asfi looked at Zubia and smiled. Saim then settled down between Asfand and Zubia and got a few pictures clicked. A full-fledged photo session took place with the whole family. It was followed by a heavy and delicious lunch.

All the guests had left after that. Khala ammi had decided to stay with the Khan family for one more day so that she and Lubna could plan all the wedding events.

Zubia and Asfandyar went outside to see Dr. Shehroze, Dr. Asifa and Dr.Haroon off. They had left and Zubia was making her way back into the house.

"Zubia", Asfand called out while clutching onto her hand lightly and pulling her a little closer to him.

"Jee", she said slightly surprised surprised at his act, her eyes unable to meet his.

"Tüm bahut khoobsurat lag rahi ho aaj, bilkul ek pari jaisi.", Asfand said.

"Shukriya! Aap bhi achche lag rahe hai!", she said and this time she was looking at him, at least trying to.

"Ahem Ahem!", Gaiti said as she intervened their moment.

"Agar aap dono ka romance ho gaya ho, toh chale? Mama bula rahi hai", she said while she smirked at them.

" J-Jee bhabhi, Asfand said while he blushed.

Gaiti walked back into the house while giggling. Zubia and Asfandyar followed her quietly.