22.

"Run little rabbit" I chuckled watching the whimpering kid trying to escape from me

With each step I took he took three, running in circles through the long hollow trees.

"If you truly think about it little one, she's the reason for your undoing" I yelled into the darkness, turning my head sideways.

Listening to the leaves crunching under his small feet while I let him enjoy a few more seconds of freedom was a small price I would pay before I took it all.

His dreams.

His future.

His life.

She took parts of me I need back.

"That's enough playing" I chuckled pulling out the gun I stole earlier. With my good arm (my only arm) I closed my eyes welcoming the darkness before pulling the trigger.

Hearing the piercing scream leave his body was music to my ears as I slowly made my way toward him. Dipping my fingers into the crimson-red liquid running down his shoulder, a smirk grazed my lips at the familiar feeling.

I'm back.

"She made me do this!" spit flew out of my mouth, while I wrapped my hand around his neck, watching the life draining from his forest green eyes.

"She watched me lose my sanity" I chuckled, feeling his pulse slowly fade underneath my hand.

When the kid passed out I pulled out the rusted blade and started my task, sitting down beside him. Removing what I needed carefully I positioned the leg perfectly before pushing the needle into my knee, making a perfect cross shape across the new limb, attaching it to my own.

Blood ran down my leg as I admired the steel frame one of my associates built yesterday. All it took was a little pressure and he created the thing that would make me capable of walking and using both arms in a few hours.

All I needed was limbs to replace the ones I lost and so I took the longest kid I could find in the park.

It wasn't that hard but capturing my little bird would be.

Crawling to the nearest tree, I used it as support while standing up, ready to test my leg. It took a few tries and I was still limping but after getting the hang of it I walked back to the pickup truck I found just sitting in the parking lot of some place called Target.

Leaving nature to deal with the mess I made, I drove away in search of my pretty little angel.

It wouldn't be fair if I didn't give her a heads-up that I was coming so on the drive to her little side job's location I thought of the perfect welcoming present.

I wanted it to scream she's mine but also her little worthless life is ending soon.

Turning up the radio, I tapped the steering wheel while singing along to 'Paint it black' by The Rolling Stones.

"I see a red door and I want it painted black"

Pulling up to the curb I stared at the brick wall with vines twisted around the neon lights with her initials catching my attention but they're all wrong.

"I have to turn my head until my darkness goes"

My little wife decided to change her last name without informing me. I'll just have to add it to the list of punishments She'll receive when I have her in my grasp again.

"With flowers and my love both never to come back"

Pulling the black hoodie over my head I limped toward the sign, gripping the rusted blade in my hand. Cutting down the V-shaped letter the light lost its shine and I stumbled toward the glass doors keeping me outside.

Slicing open the inside of my hand, I started writing Lia Miller over the tinted glass door in bold letters hoping my little pet would get the message.

She's mine.

Pulling on the door I was surprised to find it open, but took it as an open invitation.

Wondering into the pitch-black office I whistled

"No more will my green sea go turn a deeper blue"

Finding my way around the unfamiliar place I searched for the office I knew would be hers but finding it seemed to be a mission on its own.

13 offices later I made my way into a perfectly organized room, chuckling.

I was surprised to see that she kept on being precise with placement but who could blame her?

*Past*

Watching her struggle to get out of the chains, keeping her bent forward over the wooden chair, I removed the leather belt I bought just for her.

"Care to tell me why you're here?" I asked lifting the mini-skirt so her perky ass was on display.

"I'm sorry, please" she whimpered breathlessly.

Chuckling at the helplessness coming off her in waves I brought the leather strap down on her ass, watching the red line form after the third strike.

"Tell me!".

"I placed the books in the wrong order!" she yelled begging me to stop.

She never did well with pain but that just fueled me more.

Ignoring her pleading I brought the belt down thirty-two times before drops of blood ran from the red marks littering her ass.

She passed out ten minutes ago but I continued, loving the sight.

* Present *

Going through the drawers I found an old pack of cigarettes hidden behind some files with different designs decorating the white papers.

My baby was creative I'd give her that.

Starting with the black-covered files I threw them all on the table before deciding to play around with the little white lighter with the words 'We're all addicted to something that makes the pain go away'.

"Whoops" Watching the orange flame grow bigger I threw the file onto the table watching the fire spread through the other documents.

Being left with nothing but ashes I started forming sentences before leaving the room.

Having enough fun for one night I made my way back to the pickup truck before giving the camera hanging across the street one of my best smiles before speeding away.

Feeling the breeze ruffling up my hair I disappeared into the night leaving no trace of my whereabouts as the long road led me out of the town I'd see again in a months time.