Chapter 22- Throwing Up The Past

Comincia dall'inizio

Here's the thing: I can always tell when Lillian is lying. She's pretty good at hiding things but I can see right through her. She's like an open book to me, and so am I to her.

I knew she was lying, but I let it go knowing that she wouldn't open up about it. I had already tried so many times. "Mhm," I hummed.

It went on like this for months, bruises, scratches showing up on her, me asking her about it, her denying everything. I knew something was up, and half of me knew what it was.

The night of the incident;
I went up the stairs to see what was going on. I saw Daniel, he was standing close to Lillian, on his way to make her trip over and fall down on the street.

"Fucking do it," he yelled. Do what?

"Daniel please stop, it's fine I'll make it up to you. I'm sorry, I'm so so so sorry but please stop." Lillian sobbed, terrified by him.

"Do it or I will," Daniel said to her. "Please, stop." Lillian yelled, sobbing.

"You know what Lillian? You're begging me to stop as if it's my fault? It's always my fault, isn't it? I am just doing you a favour, do you think anyone cares about you in this world? Sarah? Oh, she doesn't give a fuck about you I hear she talks shit about you with that bitch Kiara. They talk about how self-centered you are and how no one in the pogues gives a shit about you." He said and I froze dumbfounded by his lying, and by how she believed him.

"No, no she didn't" Lillian sobbed. "Topper? You know once he insulted you in front of me and I defended you, but I'm still the bad guy aren't I? So just do everyone a favor and jump, you don't want to be with me? Fine. Then you don't need to be with anyone." Daniel said to her.

Lillian shrugged and stepped further to the edge, looking down. "No!" I yelled. I ran to him and pushed him away from her, taking Lillian in my arms and hugging her.

"What? You can't find her?" Topper exclaimed to me, bringing me back to the present.

"No, and I don't know I have a bad feeling about this like earlier she was tense and she lied to me about how work went and I don't know I think something's up." I said to him, at this point, tears were falling down my cheeks.

"Shit. Um fuck what do we do? Did you search the whole house?" Topper said.

"Only downstairs but Mia said that no one can go upstairs." I said, trying to stop my crying.

"Sarah? Who the hell cares? You check and I'll call Rafe, he needs to know if she's missing." Topper yelled and I nodded.

I ran upstairs and checked every room. It was a pretty big house, I went through the bedrooms and interrupted many hookups which was disgusting. I got to the last room, it was at the end of the corridor.

Lillian's POV:
I heard someone knocking on the door. Fucking finally.

It had been about 40 minutes and my panic attack had stopped. I tried to wash my face and wipe off the mirror. I didn't want anyone to know about this, they would all just be overprotective and think that it has to do with Daniel.

Which it didn't, he had a restraining order and legally couldn't be around me, I wasn't going through that dark road again, I wasn't.

Before wiping off the mirror I took a picture of it, just to have it in case anything happens. Once I was done, you could still see some red but the phrase itself was unreadable.

I looked at myself in the mirror. My face was puffy and red from all the crying, I still had tears in my eyeballs. I thought back to that night.

I wondered if things wouldn't have happened like they did. Would I be here right now?