Chapter 5: Routine

My meeting with Leon became more frequent ever since the day we both gave names to each other.

Every time my class is over, I made sure no one can see me exit the house and hitch a ride with a carriage outside. And every time I go out, I bring a bag of spare clothes to change into. Well, technically, these are Leon's old clothes and he was willing to lend it to me.

Our meeting place is the alleyway near the shop where we first met. According to him, that place is like his "territory" and he only let a few kids go through there.

The more I met up with Leon, the more I learned about him and his past.

He already mentioned being an orphan and he's always moving from one orphanage to another because of some mishaps and stuff until he landed to a decent one. Plus, he made friends with two kids there in that orphanage.

Personally, he doesn't seem like a bad kid to me. He's a little rough around the edges but he's a good kid. I mean, he could've taken advantage of me from the start since it would be easy for him to take over me. But nope, he's kind enough to show me around the alleyways and telling me some street smarts.

This was how we spent our time hanging out together. Sometimes we just sit at the park or any space shy away from public eyes and just talk or eat. (we buy food outside)

I also told him about a bit of myself. Well, more like a bit of myself living as OG William. Honestly, there's not much I can tell him, except I have tutors coming over during class times and I'm free for the rest of the day. And he seemed content of my reasons.

We only hang out for a few hours before I have to go back to the mansion, making sure that no one sees me, especially Albert.

It was a productive for me, at least. I'm not cooped up in that place and... And talking to Leon is helping reduce my stress. It could help me think of ways to save my ass from being burned alive.

One more thing.

My interaction with Albert became lesser and lesser. The only times we would meet is when we would have meals together or going out of the house to attend a mass. But during those times, we barely spoke a word to each other.

I don't know if I can say that's a good thing or bad thing but... I won't have to worry about crossing the eldest Moriarty. As far as I know, I haven't done anything that could get him to hate me.

As far as I know...

I let out a sigh.

"What's wrong, bocchan?"

I looked at my side and saw Leon staring at me.

"Nothing, just thinking about stuffs."

"You're always thinking about stuffs, bocchan." He pouted a little. "If there's anything troubling you, you can talk to me, you know? We're friends, right?"

"Mhm, I'll be sure to tell you."

"Promise?"

"Yeah, yeah."

Right now, we're hanging out in his "secret base", which is just an old room in the same alleyway we first met. He had hanged some old and torn blankets and some used boxes as the floor we can sit on, it's like a makeshift tent, like the ones you'd do in sleepovers as a kid. It only lacked pillows but Leon was smart to use buckwheat seeds he found inside this building and stuffed it in the blanket to make pillows. It almost resembles the ones I had when I was a kid in my old life.

For a kid like him living in this era, the secret base he made is not so bad. He is very ingenuitive his age.

I asked him once where he got the idea for his base and what he said was: