I was surprised at the sudden question. "No, it's just me. Why?"

He shrugged his wide shoulders, the giant fire turning his pale skin orange. "You would be a great big sister if you had little brothers or sisters."

I couldn't answer him around the sudden lump that had risen to my throat. I'd always wanted a little sibling; the home I'd grew up in with my father was always lonely and quiet. As if sensing my inability to speak, Renbow raised the harmonica to his lips and began playing. The notes were beautiful and mournful, and I let my eyes get lost staring at the flames as I listened.

"Lilah!"

We both turned at Apollo's voice. He was emerging from one of the tunnels with a group of dwarf men who only reached his waist in height. However, there was a tall figure beside him who seemed to be shimmering in the dusky gloom of the Mess Hall.

"Edilara?" I called, excited.

The lovely elf grinned in response and waved daintily. As they made their way through the maze of tables and stools, Renbow stared curiously beside me.

"Who's that?" He asked me, his little forehead scrunched up in a frown.

I absently smoothed the lines on his skin with my fingers. "It's a friend of mine. Her name's Edilara, and she's an elf."

"Pleased to make your acquaintance, young sir." She reached us first and curtseyed to my young friend. Behind her, the group of dwarves tittered happily, as if she'd uttered something absolutely delightful. I wanted to roll my eyes, but I didn't.

"Hello." I could see Renbow eyeing the blue markings on her forearms. "My name is Renbow."

"My youngest son." Mognem piped up, a ridiculous smile on his face. Renbow made a face beside me as Edilara turned to smiled delightedly at his father. I caught the look and we giggled.

"How delightful! He's as handsome as his father!" Edilara, bless her, was completely oblivious to all the dwarf leaders drooling around her. Mognem flushed a deep red at her words.

I caught Apollo's eye and he winked at me, his face barely containing his amusement. He tilted so his lips were at my ear. "They've been like this ever since she arrived. I wish you could have seen them when she first walked in."

"What was that, Apollo?" We looked up to find Edilara's large hazel eyes on us. She looked like she wanted to laugh too; I guess she wasn't as oblivious as I'd thought.

"I was just telling Lilah that you were escorting us to your dren." Apollo didn't miss a beat. "We're looking forward to visiting everyone there."

"You're leaving?" Renbow suddenly exclaimed. Everyone looked down at him in surprise, but the young dwarf had eyes only for me. "So soon?"

"Renbow, my son." Mognem's voice was gentle, and his eyes were soft. "They can't stay forever, you know that."

"But they just got here." He replied dejectedly. I felt my heart break a little as his lower lip began to tremble. He was just so darn cute!

"We'll come back and visit as much as we can." I told him earnestly, hoping to cheer him up.

But he was too upset. With his eyes downcast, the dwarf boy jumped to his feet and scurried towards an exit.

"Renbow!" Mognem called after him imploringly. His son ignored him and disappeared into the darkness of a tunnel.

"Oh, poor thing." Edilara pouted. "He's grown so attached to you two!"

"I think it's more about Lilah leaving, not so much me." Apollo took my hand and smiled wryly. "I've got to keep an eye on her before every man we run into falls in love with her."