'good. now i want you to write that down.' she said, putting her arms behind her back.

'write it down?' i ask confused.

'yes.' she said, grabbing a piece of paper and a quill, placing it on the table in front of me. 'write, i must try harder over and over till its in your mind.'

'theres no ink.' i said, looking up at her.

'oh that wont be necessary.' she smiles. creepy.

'but what will it do if i write it?'

'it'll help.'

'and if i dont?'

'hey.' umbridge snaps, slapping me and glaring at me.

i gasp and hold my hand up to my cheek, staring at her in shock.

'dont talk back. write. now.' she said, hed eyes pointing to the paper.

'jesus.' i scoff, picking up the quill and writing.

i must try harder.

i must try harder.

i musttt

i lightly gasp, clenching the quilt in my hand as i felt a sharp stinging pain.

i look at my other hand, seeing blood rush between my fingertips and onto the table.

i must try harder was being carved into my hand.

i flutter my eyes shut and inhale a sharp breath, clenching my other hand into a fist.

'now do you understand the consequences?' umbridge snapped at me.

i quietly cry out in pain, dropping the quilt and feeling hot blood draw down my arm.

'deep down you know you should be punished.' she said. i shut my eyes tighter and breathed heavily.

'keep writing.' she said calmly, putting her arms behind her back and watching me.

i bit my lips, picking up the quilt slowly and writing once more till i filled the entire paper.

'there, understood your lesson?' umbridge asked.

'yes.' i mutter.

'good, you may leave. i expect you to be better next time.' she smiled proudly.

'psycho bitch.' i mutter under my breath as i walked to the door.

i opened it and quickly walked out, seeing mattheo leaning on the wall.

his eyes quickly flew to the dried blood on my lower arm and the carving into my hand.

'oh my god.' he breathes out. i inhale a sharp breath, forcing back the tears forming in my eyes.

is this her type of punishment? torturing kids till she gets her way.

'come here.' he said, pulling his arm around to my back, softly rubbing it as he walked me up to my dorm.

he opened the door and lead me to my bed.

'ill be right back, hold on.' he said, walking into my bathroom.

i sat on my bed, looking down at my hand.

i must try harder

try harder my ass.

'here.' mattheo said, walking back into the room with a bandage wrap.

'i dont need all that.' i whisper, placing my hand on top of the other.

'you do.' he said, sitting next to me and turning to face me.