Prologue

"If you get out of bed and find me standing all alone
Open-eyed, burn the page, my little dark age"-MGMT

Viviana Webb and Cal Crow were always an interesting duo. In school, they were sorted into slythrin and from there found one another and started torturing as many teachers and students as they could.

Both being purbloods, it was very easy for them to admit their love for one another and get the approval from each others family's.

So when the time came and they graduated hogwarts, they decided to move in with one another.

They ended up choosing a beautiful mansion that had a black rose garden that filled up the front yard.

Black roses would soon be known as the Crow family trademark.

So it was no surprise to anyone when Viviana Webb and Cal Crow, got married and decided to become death eaters. It was also not a surprise to find out they became a part of Voldemorts' most loyal death eaters.

Though, after the 1st Wizarding war ended, they had to go into hiding.

What did come to a surprise was June 4th 1991. The day Viviana found out she was pregnant.

Now, keep in mind that Viviana and Cal Crow were not very stable people. Without any thought of what a baby was actually like, they started preparing.

They were so excited that they almost got caught out of hiding many times. Of course, after the 1st Wizarding war ended, they both decided that even though there was no concrete evidence to send them to Azkaban, they should still stay quiet.

As time went on, however, and the baby was closer to being born, the more an unsettling feeling came upon Viviana.

She couldn't understand what she was feeling or why. And it made her angry.
She started becoming irritated and deranged as each hour ticked by. It was evedent the changes happening in her mind.

To a normal family, this would be concerning, but this was no normal family. This was the Crows.

February 18th, 1992, it was a beautiful day. Outside was dark with heavy rain and thunder around every corner.

The soon to be mother and father were happily in the living room with Edgar Allen Poes 'The black cat' in their hands.

Poe very quickly became their favorite muggle, and only muggle, writer they enjoyed reading. His way at looking at the world was admiring.

This quickly came to a hault when Vivianas water broke, and they knew it was time to meet their son.

It was a quick delivery, and Arlo Crow, a beautiful baby boy, was born. They could see the mischief in his eyes from the very start.

Their happiness didn't last long, though.
The unsettling feeling Viviana had these past months was back stronger than ever.

Before they could figure out the problem, Viviana did what her body told her to do, and soon another baby had been born in the Crow home.

It was a girl.

She was beautiful. She had y/h/c hair, and wide y/e/c eyes.

In shock Cal took the baby away from Viviana and was about to take her somewhere else. That was until Viviana told him to stay.

She wanted to keep the baby, and she wanted to name her Y/n. A beautiful name for a beautiful baby.

Years went by, and everything was normal. Until all remaining death eaters were informed of the return of their lord Voldemort.

With the news, the Crows were ecstatic and ready as ever to serve their lord. Going as far to even prepare their children to one day follow in their footsteps.

Arlo became a hunter and tiny Manic. Killing small animals and making them into taxidermy with the help of his father.

Y/n, on the other hand, was what her family called soft and 'unprepared for the future that awaited her'.

From a small age, Y/n knew she didn't want what her parents expected of her. She wanted to live the way the princesses did in her books.

In a luxurious home with a family that cared for her and a prince who loved her till the end of time.

She was only a child, and yet she had very little hope her dreams would come true.

Though that hope died all together the day her mother was sent on a task to kill an unloyal death eater.

That day, Viviana and Y/n got in a fight. Y/n wouldn't kill a small mouse, which made her mother so angry that she ended up sloppy on her task.

She was quickly taken away after many witnesses saw her murder the death eater and sent to Azkaban.

Cal was furious with Y/n.

Arlo did what he could, but unfortunately, the small girl did not leave unscratched that night.

From that day on, Y/n had a bad relationship with her father.

It only got better, however, when she joined his side as a death eater at the young age of 13.

More or less joined to protect her brother, who wanted to follow in Cal's footsteps. Arlo, as crazy as he was, was not cut out to be a death eater, and Y/n was very aware of that fact.

Only capable at the time to hurt and kill small animals. Though even that became hard for him after his first task with Y/n.

As years went on, Y/n and Arlo became exactly what their parents wanted them to be.

The dreams and hope they had were gone.

Moon 🌙