An Unlikely Alliance

Comenzar desde el principio

"Make sure he gets caught," Malfoy shrugged. They sat and waited for a while before the portrait door swung open. It closed a few seconds later but it seemed as though nobody had left. Lyssa stood up and quietly started down the hallway, careful to keep to the shadows. "Where are you going?" Malfoy hissed at her.

"Following Harry," Lyssa explained, "Would you like to join me? Seeing how this was your idea."

"What are you on about?" Malfoy questioned.

"He's got an invisibility cloak you dim wit." Lyssa was getting kinda fed up with him already. "Can't you hear him?"

Malfoy listened closely and was shocked when he heard the quiet thumps of footsteps ahead of them. They followed behind Harry silently as he made his way through the corridors. They watched as two figures emerged from beneath the cloak outside the castle and ran down to Hagrid's hut and how they recovered themselves and a large crate with the cloak. They followed as they came back into the castle and headed up to the astronomy tower.

Lyssa was quite ready to summon Filch when she heard a loud crash behind her. Malfoy had knocked over a suit of armour.

"It was Peeves I swear!" he told her but given that the poltergeist was nowhere in sight Lyssa was sure he was making up excuses.

They didn't even have enough time to get the hell out of there when McGonagall came rounding the corner, dressed in a tartan nightgown and bonnet.

"Potter's got a dragon professor!" Malfoy pleaded as she dragged them down toward their dorms.

"I will not tolerate such lies, Mr. Malfoy," McGonagall hissed, "And twenty points from each of you for wandering around in the middle of the night! And detention," she added, "And I will be speaking to Professor Snape about both of you!" She seemed to just be tacking on every punishment that came to mind.

The only thing that made their midnight adventure even somewhat successful was that Harry and Hermione had been caught as well, though Lyssa and Malfoy didn't learn this till the morning. They had gotten the dragon out though, so everyone still kinda thought Malfoy was a liar or at the very least quite gullible. So maybe it was worth the effort after all Lyssa chuckled.

𝀈𝀈𝀈

About a week later Lyssa received a small note from an owl she did not recognise at breakfast.

Your detention will take place at eleven o'clock tonight. Meet Mr. Filch in the entrance hall. - Prof. M. McGonagall

Lyssa has almost forgotten about her impending detention. But eleven o'clock wasn't too bad, that left her plenty of time to set up her revenge on Pansy and the other Slytherin girls. She had finally settled on a way to get back at them. The spells involved were a little advanced but a few days of practice had her more than ready to exact her revenge.

Later that day, while the rest of the school was eating dinner, Lyssa returned to her dormitory for the first time in a while. Her corner looked so empty in the room that was otherwise so full of life. The other girls had posters and photos and lots of things that just made the room feel lived in. But her bed was neatly made, there was dust on her empty nightstand, and there wasn't even a crease in the pillows.

Lyssa moved to open her trunk and pulled out a small silver alarm clock. She hadn't used it since the first week of classes when she realized that it was quite obnoxious. She placed it on the ground in front of her and removed her wand from the pocket of her robes. Lyssa closed her eyes and waved her wand over the clock, reciting the enchantment.

First was a spell to prevent others from using magic on the clock. It was imperative that this spell was first otherwise the others would be pointless. Next was an unbreakable charm, and then a charm to amplify the sound of the clock. This charm may have been a giveaway had it not been for the fact that Lyssa had broken the second hand when she tried to set it the first time, so luckily there was no incessant ticking noise. All that was left to do was set the alarm to go off in the morning.