"You were only a second year at the time Harry" Lupin pointed out

"Still not a first year" Harry shrugged

"True" Lupin sighed, he looked at Harry for several seconds before he decided to speak "you know that Sirius Black's trial is on two days from now?"

"Yep" Harry nodded

"I don't know if you know, but I used to be friends with Sirius Black and..."

"And my father, I know Moony" Harry said, causing Lupin's eyes to widen "I have been writing to Sirius for the last few years, something you apparently haven't done" Lupin winced

"Harry, I believed that Sirius was the secret keeper and the traitor, all the evidence pointed to him and..."

"You know if I thought that Fay was responsible for killing Delphi then I would've at least talked to her once before abandoning her in a dementor filled hole"

"It...it wasn't like that" Lupin said weakly "I know it may look like that...but it wasn't like that. It's not what it looks like."

"Well in my experience if it LOOKS like a duck, acts like a duck and talks like a duck then it's not a fucking penguin! But what do I know? I am just thirteen, why don't you explain it to me then you colossal fuck...oh my apologies, slip of the tongue there, I meant duck or did I mean penguin, even I'm confused now. But why don't you explain to me why it's not like that Mr Lupin? Explain to me why you left Sirius in Azkaban for twelve years straight?"

"I...I was grieving" Lupin spoke slowly, tiredly "I had just lost two of my best friends and then I had heard that my other friend was the one responsible. I didn't want to see him again, I was upset and I had left. I just felt like..."

"Alright that's enough" Harry interrupted "if you want pity then you're looking at the wrong kid. Now why did you call me here?"

"I wanted to talk to you" Lupin admitted "if Sirius is proven innocent then you would likely be in contact with him and I will likely be in contact with him. I was wondering if you wanted to perhaps build a relationship between us"

"Oh god, another rapist" Harry took a step back, though it was clear he was joking

"No" Lupin said, a bit amused at Harry's actions "if...if you're parents, James and Lily, never died then I would've been your uncle. I remember you constantly calling me 'Mooey'. I was wondering if you wanted to get to know each other" Harry remained silent for several seconds, his eyes were locked on Remus who had begun feeling uncomfortable and was fidgeting with his hands.

"You...want...to get to know me?" Harry asked in a deceptively calm voice

"Yes, I do" Lupin nodded

"Tell me Professor, are you familiar with the words 'bull' and shit'?" Harry asked "Because if you put them together then you get my opinion on what you just said"

"Harry, I..."

"if you wanted a relationship then where the fuck were you for the last twelve years? And don't say you were grieving for twelve years straight and doing nothing else".

"Harry, I am...uh...I'm a..."

"If you can't pronounce 'werewolf' after all of these years then I'm very worried" Harry said impatiently

"You know?" Lupin asked, surprise evident on his face

"No I don't" Harry said sarcastically "I mean how could I know that you're a werewolf when you're nickname is 'Moony'? How could I know you're a werewolf when you take days off on the full moon? How do I know you're a werewolf when you have so many scratches on your face? How do I know you're a werewolf when I've been sending letters to Sirius for so long? I thought you were supposed to be the smart one"