Chapter 4: Resonance

Começar do início

sure, what do u wanna do?

idk

we'll figure something out

okay

meet in front of the school after classes are over

wrd, see you there

With that thought in mind, I left my dorm room and headed down the hallway toward my locker, all the while mentally preparing myself for an exhausting day of school.

Miles' POV:

Classes today were particularly sluggish and exhausting, mainly because there was so much on my mind. Today, I spent most of my time reflecting on my current situation. My thoughts were consumed by the events involving Vulture and Fisk yesterday. However, something else was also occupying my mind - Gwen.

Something about her just made my heart race, whether it be her golden blonde hair or her crystal blue eyes, everything about her was just so stunning. I must confess that I have developed feelings for this girl, I can't deny it anymore, it's the truth. It had taken me some serious courage to text her this morning finally, I had spent like five minutes just staring at the phone screen, contemplating whether or not to send that message.

On the other hand, a different aspect of myself advised against it. I knew that my identity as the Prowler was doomed to complicate things down the road, so I might as well save myself from having to go through that right now. I desired to spend additional time with her as being around her made me feel invigorated. 

"I sound ridiculous right now, I just met her, there's no way she feels the same way." I thought to myself, staring off into space in the middle of class. All of a sudden, my dazed state was interrupted by the teacher calling out my name.

"Mr. Morales?"

"Yeah?" I said, snapping back to reality.

"Can you please repeat what I just said?"I gave him a nod and focused my gaze on the board, carefully considering my response.

"You just said that the derivative of a function describes the function's instantaneous rate of change at a certain point."

My teacher's eyes widened as they looked at me, showing a perplexed expression. "That's... correct. Now turn to page 13." I gave a smug smirk before turning the page of my textbook. 

Suddenly, the bell rang, indicating that classes had finally concluded. I quickly got up from my seat, put my books in my locker, and hurried to the front of the school. Making my way down the stairs at the main entrance, I caught sight of Gwen standing and conversing with a group of individuals. After a short while, she spotted me and bid farewell to her companions before heading in my direction.

"Hey."

"Hey. Who were those people?" I gestured toward the group of people, now walking away.

"Oh, those are just some people I met earlier today. Wanna get out here?" Upon hearing that, I couldn't help but feel a little envious. I can't put a finger on it, but it wasn't such a strange feeling.

"Yeah lets go." 

Gwen's POV:

It's hard for me to admit, but as soon as I was with Miles it seemed like all of my problems vanished. The resonance in his voice soothed me like a calming wave.