1.1 : " COLD SHOULDER "

SEPTEMBER 27TH, 1996

BILLY LOOMIS was released from the police station at 6:30 in the morning, cleared from all speculation. His father had long since ditched, claiming work was waiting for him. The man sent him one last glare before leaving Billy to shiver all night alone.

One would think Billy should have been in the shittiest mood possible and believe him, he was. But when he caught sight of Stu and Benny sitting in the waiting room of the station, suddenly his mood was infinitely better.

The atmosphere, as far as the Loomis boy could tell, was off. Stu was all big eyed and soft whisperers. He looked so small despite his giant stature. Meanwhile, Benny had an unfamiliar stoic look on his face, arms crossed and stubbornly looking away from their blond friend.

The scene made Billy smirk in amusement. His voice was breathy with faint laughter as he greeted. "What's happening?"

Benny immediately perked up like a puppy waiting for his owner to come after a long day of work. It wasn't long before Billy had an armful of his best friend. "Billy!" He cheered happily.

The grin splitting the older boy's face was beautiful as he lovingly rocked them back and forth.

Stu had a sour look on his own face as he stood up. His arms crossed in a similar way to Benny's just a moment prior. Billy cocked an eyebrow curiously. "What's wrong with you?"

The blond took this as his chance to let out his frustration. His voice was loud as he wailed. "Benny's been giving me the cold shoulder all morning!"

The smaller brunet went red as several police officers gave them strange looks. He groaned and glared at Stu spitefully. "Stop being so loud, or we'll leave you here."

Billy snorted at the pure betrayal that mapped his partner's face. Still, he took pity on the guy and gently rubbed Benny's head to get his attention. When the boy turned to look at him, Billy questioned him. "What happened? I was in the slammer for one night, and suddenly, the whole dynamic changed."

Benny pouted and looked away resolutely. There were a few reasons for the boy's bad attitude today. For one, he absolutely despised the police station. It just felt so cold, and everyone was so judgemental (cough, his dad, cough). But the big one had to do with Stu not telling him that their best friend was arrested. It felt like a betrayal, so Benny punished him by ignoring him the entire ride to the station.

Their formerly arrested friend huffed and softly pinched Benny's chin, in the process turning the other's head, to lock eyes. He scolded lightly. "None of that. Tell me what Stu did."

Reluctantly, Benny explained the situation. After he was done, Billy sent a 'really?' Look at their sulking blond friend.

"He was too cute when he was all sleepy! He would have only worried if I told him anything!" Stu defended himself toward Billy. Then he turned to Benny. "Really, bud. I'm sorry I didn't tell you."

The taller brunet glanced at his shorter counterpart, gesturing for him to answer. Benny let his eyes flutter around before he nodded in defeat. "Fine," he sighed. "You're forgiven."

"Yes!"

"But you owe me a donut."

"Bub, it's 6:30 in the morning."

"Donuts are breakfast food, Billy. I don't know what you're talking about."

TEENAGERS WERE stupid. This was something Benny had known for a long time. The idea had only become more pronounced once the trio of friends arrived at school. Just walking in, they spotted at least four fake Ghostfaces. Benny could only roll his eyes in annoyance. Casey and Steve were literally dead. Disrespecting their deaths for dumb pranks was disgusting.

The teen wasn't too wrung out about it, though. More pressing matters were directly sat in his hands. The pure pink and sugary masterpiece that was his strawberry frosted donut. Benny had pleaded to Billy with large goo goo eyes and ended up earning himself two delicious sweets. One was long gone, disappearing shortly through the drive, while the other rested pleasantly on his hands.

Billy glanced down at his friend and eyed the donut in distaste. Stu nudged him with a chuckle. "Jealous of a donut, Billy?" The blond teased.

Said teen rolled his eyes and smacked his partner on the head. "Shut up, dingus." Billy paused and sent him a look. "It's your turn, by the way."

Benny glanced up and cocked his head like a puppy. "For what?" He chimed, licking some crumbs from his lips.

The two boys froze momentarily, and the sight of his soft pink tongue and wet lips. Suddenly, they felt their pants tighten a bit.

Billy cleared his throat uncomfortably and awkwardly patted Benny's pretty head of curls. "Nothin'. Eat your donut."

Billy and Benny had separated from Stu a few minutes later as Benny decided to accompany his best friend to his locker. Finally finished with his pastry, the smaller boy began to notice the strange looks sent their way. Or, more accurately, Billy's way.

Typically, attention of any kind would send Benny into a blushing red catatonic state. These stares were different, though. These weren't directed at him. No, they were focused on Billy. His dear, sweet, innocent Billy. Some were just curious while others were fearful.

How dare they? Benny could only grumble silently, sending a few glares at those obviously eye-balling them. How could they look at Billy like they were scared of him? He didn't kill anybody, and even if he did, it was none of their business.

A loud chuckle from his right brought the boy out of his boiling stupor. He shot his eyes over to where Billy had a hand over his mouth, attempting to stifle his very obvious snickers. Benny rolled his eyes at the other brunet but still tried to calm down from his quiet rage.

"You look like a puppy tryin' to be a guard dog." Billy commented, his words muffled behind his hand.

"Well, apparently, you look like a serial killer." Benny snarked back, toying with his earring in annoyance.

Billy laughed even louder, which warned them even more stares. The cold, intimidating murder suspect laughing joyfully just hours after being released from the police station? Unbelievable.

Benny quickened his pace in an attempt to get away from his attention-grabbing friend.

It was all in vain as Billy's long legs caught up easily.

red speaks!

filler chapter? pfft. of course not...anyway! 5k!!! #8 in maleoc too! Thank you to everyone once again.

Luv u <33