35. BEST LOVER

15 weeks later (34 weeks of pregnancy)

"Bright!" I called at the top of my lungs.

I heard quick footsteps and some crashing sounds, and within seconds, there he was. Catching with his breathing and stumbling on his own words.

"W-what ha-happened?" he asked quickly.

I stifled my laugh and blinked at him innocently.

"Someone has posted this question. If there's watermelon, why not Earthmelon, Firemelon and Airmelon?"

Bright squinted his eyes at me, looking confused.

"Elemelons." I giggled.

He rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Baby, this is the third time you warn-called me." Bright pointed out.

On the 34th week of my pregnancy, Bright introduced me to the 'warn call' thing. It was either yelling his name at the top of my lungs as "Bright!" or saying "Red".

Using 'red' as the warning sounded so stupid to me. But according to Bright, it was really useful. To test him, I yelled his name from time to time when I got bored. It pissed him off whenever he found me chillaxing somewhere without any emergency.

"I told you only to use this for an emergency," Bright said in distaste.

"It is an emergency," I whined.

"What is it?" he asked, giving up on my stubborn behaviour.

"I want two hugs, three kisses and a forever cuddle coupon," I said, showing him three fingers. "I am bored to death! Why aren't any of my friends available? And no, I am not going to my parent's place because they don't even let me lift a finger. I feel like I am about to die with them. And with you... you are so busy these days that you even fail to talk with me like we usually do!" I complained in one breath.

"Fine. You can just call me whenever you want me here, okay? But don't use the warning again till something really serious happen because I get panicked, don't make me worry over nothing." he scolded.

I meekly nodded. When he scolded me for the second time, I understood what he said. He was right. What if the same thing which happened to the shepherd boy happened to me??

Shepherd boy yelled to the whole village about wolves coming to eat his sheep. It was a prank. He pranked them continuously to the point the villagers never trusted him again. So one day, when wolves came, this time for real, he yelled asking for help, but no one came for help, so all his sheep died along with him - poor boy.

"I am sorry," I muttered.

Bright nodded and left the room without a word. After a few minutes, he came in again with his laptop and working files. He sat next to me with his files and continued with his work. At least it made me okay having him beside me.

Because I already disturbed him too much within one day, I rested my head on his shoulder and watched as he typed a summary about something. After about half an hour of constant typing, he stopped his work.

Finally, all his attention was on me.

"Now tell me what you want, hmm," he asked.

When he asked what I wanted, I had a ton of things I wanted. At first, I smiled at Bright and jutted my lips, waiting for him to understand what I wanted. Getting the hint, Bright leaned over and pressed his lips to mine.

"Not only a peck!" I gasped dramatically.

"Fine." He bent down again and pressed a hard kiss which lasted for a few seconds. When he broke the kiss, I was back to my happy self again, no more sullen faces.