Chapter 6

So guys. I'm really sorry about not updating for the longest time but, I really have no time to. And when I do have time I don't have internet. It's kinda sad. Oh well. Here a goes. AND ERMEHGERD. I have over 1,000 reads on the first part. THIS IS WHY I LOVE LIFE.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yes ma."

"So you understand that this is never gonna happen again?!?"

Yeah. I got up from my dining room table and went straight towards the counter that held the coffee machine. My back was turned towards my mother.

"Don't turn away from me!" My mom nearly screamed.

"Yes ma." I countinued with my business was my back still at her. I heard her exhale from frustration. I rolled my eys slightly. I don't give a care. I reached up, opened the old, brown cupboard door and pulled out a mug. Just a simple solid light blue mug. I reached for the handle of the coffee pot when my mom stopped me. I jumped the slightest bit. I hope she didn't notice.

"You don't need anymore coffee."

"You don't need to tell me what I need." I poured an average amount of coffee in the mug and started for the hallway. I didn't necessarily like my coffee with anything in it. Straight up was good with me. I kind of grew up with it anyway. My brother always gave it to me. After a couple steps into the hallway, my feet started to fuzzle. I assumed it was because I was sitting at the table and walked on. I went to take another step and my foot dragged causing me to trip. My coffee went all over the hardwood floor.

"Dang."

My mom came running into the hallway and stood there as if there was a talking cat next to me. Her face was priceless.

"Look what you've done now!"

I propped myself up on my elbows and let my head hang. My blonde hair just about hit the floor.

"Well clean it up!"

I sighed and got on my knees. Come on Sofie. Get up. I slid my foot trying to get it to operate. The thing was limp. I had no control over it. Okay. Something is up.
I looked up and noticed that the mug was surprisingly whole. Great. One less thing to pick up.

* * *

I rubbed my hands on the dish rag I was holding. I walked into my room slowly trying not to slip again. I step on the carpet part of my floor and threw the rag at my desk. It landed on top on the pile of papers.
I flopped onto my bed and took off my socks. My white feet appeared. I rubbed my left foot and the feeling came back slowly. I don't even know how I learned to walk with numb feet so quickly. Huh. I pulled out my IPod with my free hand and saw a text from an unknown number. It read,

"are u ok?"

Oh boy. Who is it this time?
A while back, and girl from my grade got a hold of my number and started texting me the weirdest things. Like once she told me that her dad hit her. Not just hit her but like beat her. I didn't believe it but like I always am, i felt sorry for the girl. I eventually found out who it was and put together that she was lying. She didn't have a single scratch on her. In fact she was one of the populars. She was the pretty one. I didn't want another one of them texting me. I replied with,

"Who is this?"

I plopped down my old IPod and leaned back towards my pillows. I looked at my burned hand. I really didn't look that bad. Compared to the other day at least. I don't even notice it that much anymore. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a square light. A text off my IPod. I picked up the thin device and glanced at the text.

"im afraid if i tell u, u wont answer"

God. Some people. I put in my simple passcode, 0853, and the text app opened. I quickly typed in, "If you don't tell me, I'm just gonna stop texting." and pressed send.
My IPod was right above my head with my arms extended above me while laying down. It's a really weird position. My door shifted and when I turned my head to look, My IPod slipped out of my hand into my face. It slapped me right in the nose.
I flinched and smacked it away from my face. I felt my aching nose and it hurt. It really did. Such stupid things happen. My iPod lit up again and I snatched the thing. The same person.

"its connor"

Oh goodness.

I layed on my bed until I nearly fell asleep. How was I supposed to reply? I'm okay? Then how is he supposed to respond? And is it really him? What if I pour out my feelings to him and it's not him? Pour out my feelings? What are you saying. I'd never make anyone go through that. I'd be torture.
I just left it be and drifted into the deepest sleep I could get to. Which, yah know, isn't very long.

Connor's POV

I set my phone down onto my desk. I looked over to my schoolwork binder and slammed my hand on top of the stack. Eff it.

"Hey Connor?"

My sister walked into the room. By habit I stood up from my chair. My chair flipped backwards as I stepped towards her.

"Nice going smart one"

"Shut up." My face quickly reddened. "What do you want?"

"Mom asked if you wanted go camping this weekend. She said you could bring one of your friends."

I instantly thought of Sofie. Why? No idea. Sounded like a great idea. I mean, get away from all the school stuff and stay with family. It's just, I'd be away from technology.

Bzzzttt.

Speaking of technology. With my chair still at my heels, I picked up my phone as my sister dove towards the device. I snatched the thing up before she stumbled over my junk on the floor.

"Karma's a jerk ain't it" I quickly came back with.

Regaining her balance, my sister started towards the door. At the door frame, she turned, glared straight into my eyes and exclaimed,

"It's that a yes or a no?"

After maybe ten seconds I whispered, "Yeah. I'll go"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know. It's short. And well, let's just say it's not the best. YOLO. Ehehe. THANKS!