CHAPTER 3: SENSHI, ALIENS & BAD GUYS.

_______________________________________

PART 1: SAILOR SENSHI.
_______________________________________

Yeah, I'm calling them Sailor Senshi.
It's cooler and easier to say than 'Sailor Guardians', has the punchy alliteration of 'Sailor Scouts' but sounds less juvenile, and...
Idk, I just don't like how 'Sailor Soldiers' sounds.

Sailor Senshi are individuals who have/share the Star Seeds of celestial bodies.
They're kind of supposed to be the sheepdogs of the normal Star Seeds, protecting them from threats and, like... Herding them towards a better existence.
That's why a lot of Sailor Crystal holders are usually their planet(oid)'s royalty, but that's not a requirement, especially if said planet's royalty is no longer around due to various circumstances.

'True' Sailor Senshi are female, but assigned gender at birth doesn't have anything to do with it.
What matters is the Crystal holders' essence/inner self.

The rules are:
You have to be KINDA female at least SOME of the time. Like, up to one-third of the time.
So trans women, demigirls, genderfluid/bigender-etc./genderflux/enby women/all manners of queerness are all eligible to be Senshi.

Trans or cis men, or agender/etc./all manner of queerness that doesn't include any kind of femininity isn't.
That's not to say that they're not still powerful or important, they're just... Not quite as powerful as full Senshi.
The biggest example of this would obviously be ya boi Mamoru, a cis dude.
Feminine spirits/souls/Star Seeds are just kind of... Naturally equipped to handle being Senshi better than other souls.
Nobody is exactly sure why this is.

Usually they're born on the celestial body in question, either however the species in question reproduces or spontaneously generating in some capacity.
For example, the Silver Millennium incarnations of Sailor Uranus, Sailor Neptune, Sailor Saturn and Sailor Pluto just kind of... Popped up.

Usually, this is because the planet/celestial body has a specific duty to uphold and is otherwise unpopulable by 'normal' means, even by magic space elves.
(Example: UraNep guarding the solar system from outside threats, Pluto guarding the Gates of Time, and Saturn being the glorified power button of the age-old 'turn it off and then on again' mechanic.)

Only 'full' (feminine) Senshi are spontaneously generated.
Non-female equivalents have to wait to be born naturally.
Again, nobody is sure why this is.

Only Sailor Senshi (or the non-female equivalents) can survive with their Star Seed- or rather, Sailor Crystal- outside of their body.
This is because, essentially, they're sharing it with their celestial body itself. It's a three-way connection, so it's more stable than an ordinary Seed. That being said, they do have to keep it pretty close to them (see Chibiusa talking about her Silver Crystal in the Death Busters/Infinity arc in the manga).

As mentioned before, usually the holder of a planet(oid)'s Sailor Crystal is that planet's royalty-- usually a Princess or a Queen, but Princes, Kings, Heirs, Monarchs, etc. are also fairly common.

It is possible for Senshi to change celestial bodies, but the original celestial body has to be fully destroyed.
If the holder of the Sailor Crystal managed to escape with said Crystal, they could find a new celestial body and bond the Crystal to that.
Most moons and satellites don't actually have Sailor Crystals, so those would be the easiest.
However, celestial bodies do have innate 'power levels', so a holder should probably be careful about where they're going.
Also, moons and satellites are usually linked in some way to the body they're orbiting, so there's that to look out for. Adding too much power to the mix can be unpredictable and lead to wild results.
The power level of the new celestial body gets added to the power of the Sailor Crystal when they're bonded, so done right, the powerup can outweigh the possible risks.