27. space oddity

"It's Bioformed, instead of being built, it's grown from living matter." Nebula said as they approached OrgoCorp, it looked like the depiction of an angel, but out of flesh with a bright blue orb in the center.

"It looks nasty as hell." Ziggy commented, leaning forward as she peered out the window.

"The structure is surrounded by three impenetrable plasmic security shields. It's not gonna be easy to break into this place, Star Lord." Nebula spoke into the speaker she held. Ziggy glanced over her shoulder at Nebula, knowing Nebula only ever called him that when he had angered her. Whenever he pissed Ziggy off — which was quite frequent these days — she just ignored him completely.

"Doesn't have to be easy." Peter responded. He, Mantis and Drax had gone to the back of the ship to activate the shields. "I was a professional thief, remember? I'll jam the signals one at a time."

"And yet I recall him getting arrested... multiple times." Ziggy murmurs.

"First shield set." Peter said.

They broke through the barrier of OrgoCorp, Ziggy looking upward at the beams as they busted through.

"Second shield set, third shield set."

The Milano jolted and startled, Ziggy glanced around as blue electricity beams crackled around them. "Why didn't we go through?" Peter asked.

"We did, it's not the shield." Nebula said.

"What is it?" Ziggy asked hesitantly, before glancing at the window and seeing a crew of Ravengers outside.

"Hey guys!" A female robotic voice patched through on their speakers. "You're about to be boarded by the United Ravengers. You can surrender and turn over any stuff worth anything and live, or you can die."

Ziggy looked above as they heard a clang, and the ships connected to the Milano. Through orange portal's like Strange's, the Ravengers boarded the ship, weapons loaded and ready. Ziggy heard Peter try to bargain with them, and Nebula rushes off down the corridor.

"Hold on! We have an appointment." She told them as Ziggy and Groot followed.

"An appointment!" Peter agreed.

"With who?" One of the Ravengers asked.

"With Gamora." Nebula told them.

"Gamora?!" Both Peter and Ziggy turned to stare at her, eyes wide.

"You're early." Gamora's voice echoed, and goosebumps raised on Ziggy's arms as she heard a voice she had nearly forgotten. Gamora pushed through the crowd, and she glanced at the Guardians. She looked different, her hair more stringy than usual and the ends red now instead of purple. Ziggy's ears echoed of the memory of Gamora asking Ziggy to kill her if Thanos got ahold of her, and Ziggy's eyes fell.

The Ravengers herded the Guardians to their ships, tossing them each OrgoCorp uniforms and forcing them to put them on as they gave instructions.

"You're gonna have to wear these to move through the Orgo without attracting attention." The leader instructed.

"This isn't my color." Drax muttered, and Ziggy sighed. Of all times for him to be embarrassing.

"What did you say?"

"It clashes with my eyes." Drax told him, and the Ravengers laughed at him. Ziggy shuffled into the uniform as she kept a wary eye on the Ravengers.

"Gamora, we are grateful for your help." Mantis said.

"Oh, I'm not doing this out of the kindness of my heart." Gamora snickered. "I'm doing this for the hundred thousand units my sister promised."

"So you're a Ravenger now?" Peter asked, glancing at her.