"We are talking," Adrienne frowned, slightly taken back at the unusual rudeness of the badger.

"Yes, but we need to go talk more in private," Cedric insisted, gesturing a hand towards the Great Hall's exit, "it's important."

"I'm kinda busy here, Ced," She flashed an easy smile to her friends momentarily, just to ease their confusion, turning back to the awaiting Hufflepuff,  "I'm sure whatever it is can wait till dinner or something?"

"It can't."

"What's it about then?"

"You'd find out if you come along," He folded his arms over his chest, looking her expectingly, "you'd also know already if you had spent about five seconds being observant of your surroundings."

"Whatever you need to say, you can say in front of them, Cedric," Adrienne pursed her lips, copying his actions and crossing her arms.

"And if you had any sense of the situation, you'd know I can't–" Cedric only let out a scoff, letting his arms drop back down to his sides when she looked at him blankly, "You know what, nevermind then," He uttered lowly, "have fun with your poorly-stimulated conversation."

Adrienne watched in utter shock as Cedric suddenly pushed away from the table, his figure growing smaller and smaller before he disappeared from the Great Hall. She waved off her friends with a hand, acting indifferent about the whole ordeal before she was trying to stimulate another round of chatter between them to cover the awkwardness left in Cedric's wake.

The Hufflepuff was already on his way up the final two staircases to the Ravenclaw Tower by the time the bell tower rang for the next and final class. And while he had paused momentarily at the sound, he pushed on till he came across the large door with the eagle-head knocker.

"The more you take, the more you leave behind. What am I?"

Cedric paused, cheeks growing slightly red as his embarrassment briefly riddled his bones – the answer lost on his tongue, "can't you give me a pass?" He questioned the door lowly.

"What goes up, but never comes down?"

"Like thats any better," The Hufflepuff murmured dejectedly to himself.

"Age," A voice answered the door's riddle with ease, making him spin around quickly.

"I –"

"You're Carrow's friend, right?" The brunette girl questioned, gesturing him inside the drafty common room before following after him, "I'm sure I've seen you in here with her and that one blonde girl before."

"I am, do you know which –"

"Dorm 14, nearly to the top – should be on your left side, can't really miss it."

"Thank you –"

"Sara," The girl answered the silence, smiling briefly before leading him over towards the two separate staircases, "I'll stand on these so you can get up."

Cedric only smiled a bit wider, nodding his thanks before watching Sara climb up onto the first few steps. He stepped onto the one below her, making sure they wouldn't change into a swirly slide before he was climbing the rest of them to the third-floor landing. He gave a wave to Sara at the base of the stairs, ducking down the hallway and towards the numbered doors. He reached Dorm 14 in just a few seconds, letting out a breath and bringing up a hand to lay a few sharp knocks upon the door. There was no answer. He frowned, repeating his actions once more.