~Thirteen~

The next day, I put on a blue sweatshirt and black leggings. I put my hair in braids and put on some light makeup, and left for the bus.
As I sat down in my normal seat next to Lia, Anthony sent me a smirk from the back of the bus. I smiled back and sat down.
"Oh my god." Lia said. "What the hell was that?"
"What?" I said, biting my lip.
"Don't 'what' me. Anthony LaRusso is flirting with you!"
"So?" I tried to play it off.
"So?!" Lia scoffed. "Okay, no. I am officially taking over. We're inviting Kenny and Anthony to the fair with us tomorrow."
"What? Lia." I said.
She shook her head. "You'll thank me tomorrow."
_________________________________
The Fantastic Four 💋✨
_________________________________
Lia: Hey guys. I was
wondering if you wanted
to meet up at the fair tomorrow?

Kenny: Sure. What time?

Lia: How about 7:00?

Me: I'm down, but only if
LaRusso goes because there
is no way I'm third wheeling.

Anthony: Works for me.

Lia: Great! See you there!

Anthony: You'll see us tomorrow.

Lia: Whatever.
_________________________________

~

The next day, I took my seat next to Zach in History.
"So," he asked. "Your going to the fair with LaRusso?"
"Why do you care?" I sighed.
He leaned forward in his seat. "Because you should go with me instead. Make LaRusso jealous."
I turned to face him. "In. Your. Dreams."
"No, Seriously," he said. "Will you go out with me?"
"No."
"Why not?" He said.
"Because your an arrogant asshole!" I said.
He just rolled his eyes.
Pretty soon, the teacher started class. We had to pick a partner and do a project on World War
One.
"Hey, want to be—" Zach started
"Not at all." I said, cutting him off and walking over to Lia.
"Dang," she said. "You put him in his place."
"I'm not letting him use me to get a good grade," I said simply.
Lia high-fived me. "Good idea."
The rest of the day flew by, and nothing eventful had happened.
Lia came to my house after school and we got ready together. I took my braids out, and my hair was wavy, so I left it like that. I put on some ripped blue jeans, a pink tank top and a grey sweater.
My dad drove me and Lia to the fair. We looked around entrance, because that's where we decided to meet the boys.
"You see them anywhere?" Lia asked.
"No," I said, taking my phone out. "I'll text Anthony."
He replied in less than a minute, almost there.
Me and Lia talked for the next few minutes about school.
"Ugh, I hate him." Lia was saying. "He gives us homework every damn day—"
I froze, not comprehending what I was seeing.
It was Robby Keene. My brother. He hadn't seen me yet, and once again he was with Tori.
I groaned. "Great. Just fricking fantastic."
"What?" Lia asked, following my gaze, before understanding dawned on her face. "Uh, we can cancel. I can text the boys right now not to come."
"No," I said. "It's fine, really. Let's just forget about him."
"If your sure," she said, but she looked uncertain.
"I am," I insisted. "But, don't tell the boys. They don't need to know he's my brother."
"I won't." she promised.
The boys showed up about ten minutes later. At first it was kind of awkward, but once we got talking, things were pretty fun.
Lia dragged Kenny away to win her a stuffed animal, and me and Anthony went to get drinks.
"So," Anthony said. "We're not going to talk about what happened last night?"
My heart stopped. "What's there to talk about?"
He shot me a look that said, really?
"You know what. Don't make me say it."
I tilted my head at him, super confused. "You lost me."
He rolled his eyes. "I need to know if you meant what you said."
I sighed. "Anthony, you saw how drunk I was. I wasn't thinking clearly, and—"
"That doesn't make it not true." He said pointedly.
I sighed. "Yeah. It's true."
He smiled, not even trying to hide it. "I knew you couldn't resist my good looks. All the girls love my hair."
I rolled my eyes at him. "You're ridiculous."
He looked offended, and opened his mouth to reply when Lia and Kenny came running up to us, Lia carrying a huge pink teddy bear.
"Look what Kenny won me," she said, grinning.
"Anthony's got some competition."
"Oh it's so on," he said.
We all went over to ring toss, and Anthony and Kenny both played, trying to win us a prize. Kenny lost, but Anthony won. He won a giant blue whale stuffed animal.
He handed it to me. "For you, m'lady."
I laughed. "Thank you. It's adorable."
We went on all the roller coasters, and did the carnival games. I was having so much fun, it was pure bliss.
I saw again Robby when we were waiting for Lia to come out of the bathrooms. I quickly ducked behind Anthony.
"Whats wrong?" he asked, concern in his brown eyes.
"Nothing," I muttered, looking at the ground as he walked past us.
I thought I was in the clear, before I heard Kenny yelling.
"Shit!" I muttered.
"Robby!" Kenny said, jogging over to him.
"Oh," he said, flashing his famous smirk. "Hey Kenny. What are you doing here?"
Kenny pointed his thumb at us over his shoulder. "I'm with a few of my friends, Lia, Kendal, and Anthony."
"Wait," Robby said, following his finger. "Kendal?" His intense gaze met my eyes. I swore under my breath. Robby walked over to me and Anthony, who looked extremely confused.
"Oh," Kenny said, glancing at me while I was sending my surliest glare at Robby. "Do you guys know each other?"
"No," I said, the same time Robby said, "yes."
Robby looked at me, he looked hurt, and confused. I rolled my eyes and grabbed his arm and pulled him away until we were out of earshot. Anthony and Kenny watched us go, looking confused.
"Look, I don't want to talk to you, so why don't we just forget we saw each other. Deal? Great." I said, walking away without a response.
"Woah woah woah," Robby said, pulling me towards him. "Can we please talk? I really need to talk to you."
"Not while your with Cobra Kai." I said, crossing my arms. "After you leave, maybe. And you're gonna have to grovel pretty damn hard after what you did. Do you know what it did to dads life? I saw you at the last All Valley. It's turned you into someone different. Someone meaner. Colder. That's not my brother."
He just stared at me. "Dad didn't care about us.
He's only taking care of you because mom threatened him. You know that. Deep down.
You always did."
"I don't care. Dad is a good guy. I think I would know that more than you. But Cobra Kai will never change. It was bad with Kreese, and it's worse with Silver. I can't be part of that."
His eyes narrowed. "You can't be part of it?
Then why are you with Kenny right now?"
"Kenny has nothing to do with this!" I hissed.
"Oh yeah?" He asked. "So he didn't tell you."
"Tell me what!"
"Kenny joined Cobra Kai a month ago. He's been all in ever since." Robby said. But he didn't look proud. He looked sad. "Listen Kendal. I'm going to leave Cobra Kai. But it's going to take some time. I'm in deep. But I promise I will explain everything, if you'll listen." He added the last words tentatively, hesitantly.
I started at him. Besides the different hair cut, he looked just like the brother I remembered. I was still very angry at him, but I decided to give it a chance.
"Okay," I said quietly.
He wrapped his arms around me, and I couldn't hold the tears in any longer. It all came flooding back. All the pent up emotions that I had been holding in for so long, the anger that I had for him. The sadness. The betrayal. But under all of that, he was still my brother, and I missed him.
He pulled away. "I know you hate me, and I'll do my best to make up it to you. But for now, I'm glad to have my sister back."