Prologue - Part 6 : Proof of Love and Justice

Start from the beginning

Ai: "And that's why I decided to become an idol in order to pursue my goal of loving someone including my fans. I want to love someone. I want an object for my love. I thought if I became an idol, I'd be able to love my fans. I want to say "I love you" from the bottom of my heart. So I said the lie of "I love you" all over the place." Ren begins to understand Ai better due to her struggles of wanting to love someone.

Ai: "But now..." her smile turns frown.

Ai: "I ain't sure if I want to keep going like this."

Ren: "Why not?"

Ai: "I mean didn't you see what happened back there? One of my fans, Ryosuke-kun came around and hunt me down knowing that I was lying to him. As the matter of fact, I am pregnant with twins." she said while rubbing her belly.

Ren: "But it wasn't your fault. It not like you're able to control the situation. You shouldn't blame yourself for what you did."

Ai: "I know! But for some reason, I feel guilty. I almost lost you and I almost lost Shinya-kun. I'm scared that if anything happens to either of you, it'll be my fault to bear." she said with a sad expression.

Ai: "I'm also scared that if my lies for love would harm someone, I might regret it. And what's worse, I would eventually lose someone I dear the most." she said while staring Ren at the eyes.

Ren: "Ai..." Ren places his hand on her shoulder wanting to get her attention.

Ren: "You won't lose me, Ai. And I can tell you that."

Ai: "How can you be so sure? I-I almost lost you back then."

Ren: "Ai, think about it. What happened back there was nothing to me. Even though that situation was dire, I'm still able to fight back. In fact, I was relieved when you and Shinya were safe."

Ai: "You were?" Ren nodded as he removed his hand from her shoulder.

Ren: "If I hadn't protected you or Shinya back then, I might not be able to forgive myself."

Ren: "You see, Ai. I can't just stand idly when someone else is in danger. I just can't let anyone be harmed whenever danger arises. This world can be very cruel, and some people might not be able to survive due to injustice of society."

Ren: "But I can't let that happen. I won't let such injustice get to them. I want to reach out to others, helping them to sort out their problems and turn them to become the better version of themselves. And that includes you, Ai."

Ai: "Ren..." A faint smile forms on Ai's face.

Ren: "I had a friend who had a similar background of yours. He used to be famous who had a lot of charisma and gain a lot of reputation. So much so, that people in public start to grew admire him. He can be egoistic at times but deep down he is a man who wants to become a hero of justice. A hero that everyone loves. Or at least that what I thought."

Ai: "Why is that?" Ai questions Ren.

Ren: "When I befriended with him, I found out that he had done some criminal things in the past. The things that he regretted the most. Any justice that he believes in was a total lie. All he thinks about was to taking revenge on someone. Not wanting to have friends in his life. And as a result, he turned against me as he doesn't want me to be friends with him any longer."

Ai: "I see." Ai became upset by his friend's betrayal.

Ren: "Despite his betrayal towards me, I still want to reach out to him. Begging him to come back. Wanting him to start over so he can proof his justice to others in the right way. But that moment never happen."