Prologue - Part 6 : Proof of Love and Justice

Start from the beginning

Ai: "I never told anyone about my past before aside from president Saitou but I'll make this as an exception for you. Will you promise me to keep this in secret?" Ren turns at Morgana who is happily drinking and then back at her.

Ren: "I promise." he nodded.

Ai: "Good." A smile formed on her face as she begins to tell her backstory.

Ai: "When I was young, I grew in such an unhealthy environment. My parents were divorced and I only stayed with my mother. My relationship with her was complicated to say the least."

Ren: "Is your mother loved you?" Ai shook her head.

Ai: "No. She never loved me once before. All she does is that she abuses me for giving birth to me." Ren's eyes widen when hearing her mother's abuse.

Ren: "Why? Why on earth did she do that?"

Ai: "To be honest, I have no idea why. I think it is most likely due to her circumstances with my father. She kept having mood swings whenever she thinks about him. So she vet her anger towards me even though I didn't do anything wrong."

Ren: "What about your father? Didn't you tell him that your mother abuses you?"

Ai: "I did. But he doesn't seemed to care nor wanting to love me one bit. So basically I'm all alone trying to protect myself from my mother."

Ren: "I see. Is that the reason why you ask Shinya that time about his relationship with his mother?"

Ai: "*chuckles* You got that right." She chuckled.

Ai: "I was jealous at you or Shinya for having such lovable family member by your side. For me, I wasn't fortunate." Ren turns frown when she said those words. Living in such an abusive environment where her parents didn't love her as their own child. It kinda reminds him about Sarina and also... his lost friend.

(A/N: If you know, you know.)

Ai: "Well it doesn't matter now since she wasn't with me anymore. There was one time where she was arrested for theft charge. And even though she releases from prison, she did not came back and take me home anymore. So that's why... " Ai words trailed off as Ren continues her sentence.

Ren: "You were orphaned right? I saw in the documents back at the hospital where my uncle kept." Ai nodded.

Ai: "Yes. That's right. I was orphaned back then ever since my mother left me. I didn't make any friends at all even though I lived at the orphanage. It is mainly due to the lack of social skills or having any knowledge about making contact with other people. And you probably get the gist of it."

Ren: "So during the time when you were orphaned, did anyone else took interest on wanting to take you in?"

Ai: "For the most part no. They have no interest on wanting to take me in due to my relationship with my family most notably with my mother. Many adults who came to take the children in didn't want to pick me. Anyone except president Saitou."

Ren: "The president of the strawberry productions. I take it that he must be scouting to find the idols for his company right?" Ai nodded in response.

Ai: "President Saitou came to me as he wants to hire me to be their idol. At first, I politely declined his offer due to lack of any memory of being loved nor even loving someone. I might have ended up lying to them. But Saitou-san told me that it fine to lie to my fans. As the matter of fact, fans want my pretty lies."

Ren: "And the reason you lie so that you'll eventually able to love someone someday, correct?" Ai smiles with Ren's words.

Ai: "Mhmhm. I'm glad you understand that, Ren."