What's black and what's white

Start from the beginning

"The Jin clan of Lanling is really unfortunate."

"The Lan clan of Gusu is more unfortunate. Over 30 people were killed in Qiongqi Way. More than half of them were from the Lan clan. They were just there to help repress the trouble."

What? Wei Ying, what did you do...

The muscles on Lan Wangji's face and fingers twitched slightly. A frightening thought emerged from the depths of Lan Wangji's heart. He studied the expression of this person who allegedly killed more than fifteen people from his clan.

"At least we finally burned the Ghost general. Otherwise, thinking of him haunting around all day long really make me sleepless. This ending served the Wen clan right."

Someone spat, "The Ghost general and his sister have been burned to ashes. Now Wei Wu Xian knows who's boss. All clan leaders made it clear that the meeting tonight is to discuss how to deal with Wei Wuxian."

"What a relief!"

One of them reveled, as though he had a role to this, "It's for the best if from now on, if he would hide in that barren hummock and behave himself. It would be wise of him. But if he dares to come out again, once he come out, then -"

The longer Wei Ying listened, the colder his expression grew. He lowered his head, his body trembled and boiled with anger. His fists were tightly balled, the surface had become pale white. When Wei Ying lifted up his chin again, his eyes were bloodshot and filled with murderous auras.

"Then what?" His voice was soft but there was nothing gentle about his tone. Wei Ying cold eyes flickered with killing intents as he gripped on Chenqing tightly. Raging fire within his heart burned bright. The flute emitted thick dark smoke of resentful energy. The ground under him shook.

The gossipmongers that were in the middle of mocking him, immediately paused, and turned around. They were shocked at first and then feared flooded their mind as they swung their swords, pointing the polished metal towards the man in black and red attire. The cocky earlier person now shook in fear when he saw the flute with the bright red tassel in his hand and he announced, "It's Chenqing! It's Chenqing!"

Someone shouted panickily, "Report to Sect Leader Jin, quickly!"

Wei Ying put Chen Qing's blowing hole under his bottom lip. His eyes sparked in crimson light and played the black flute proficiently, the resentful energy thickened and started pouring out Chen Qing and enveloped his body. The haunting loud shrill was a command to attack. The formless tendrils whooshed towards each one of the Cultivators, slamming them forcefully onto the ground that instance. Dark bloody spirits gradually took their forms on those people's backs and pressing them down incessantly with immense strength that the floor started to crack. None of those people could get up again. Few immediately became motionless, and some were writhing like worms, making noises like slaughtered animals.

Wei Ying stopped his music as he eyeballed the people, he knocked down without needing to lift a finger as if they were just bugs. The voice that came out his lips were lacking his usual brightness, it was just monotonous, "Why did you stop talking? How to deal with me? Huh, what's wrong? Weren't you all quite the cultivators when you were talking about me behind my back? Why is it that, now that you're in front of me, you can do nothing but lie on the ground?"

"Wei Ying! If you're really capable, then go to the pledge conference to compete with the clan leaders there. Bullying low rank, defenseless cultivators like us can't prove how capable you are." The arrogant man still dared to talk rubbish.

This was the second time Lan Wangji saw this ability, the first was when he rushed to rescue Xue Yang that night. Wei Ying's speed was unnatural. He moved from the back to the front in less than one second. His hand wrapped tightly around the neck of the person who still dared to provoke him, the sound of bone cracking was audible. The man's voice was hoarse as he pleaded with his dying breath, "Don't kill me."